Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
That adjuster would only be used on a plate bow, the other older cast base bows used a different steel adjuster. It is also used on all straight bars on the gear drives with 2 bar studs.

you have me really confused now, :laugh: my next mission, find everything i need to use this plate on one of my saws.:msp_biggrin:

a. palmer jr.
I walk in my garage every day and say the same thing. Every day I tell you!

When I look at some of these hospital looking garages I wonder how they keep them that way..I think I'll start applying the 10 year rule, If I haven't needed it for 10 years, out it goes! Uhh, make that 15 years.

Last edited:
Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
splitting a 5200 case

do i need a case spliter when spliting a 5200 case? do i need to remove the seals first? i removed what i beileve are all of the screws, should it just pop apart?

Modifiedmark
That adjuster would only be used on a plate bow, the other older cast base bows used a different steel adjuster. It is also used on all straight bars on the gear drives with 2 bar studs.

you have me really confused now, :laugh: my next mission, find everything i need to use this plate on one of my saws.:msp_biggrin:

This is a plate bow. See the solid mounting plate.

attachment.php

This is the early style 2 piece bow on a gear drive. See where the rails bolt on to the bar mount and the steel adjuster.

attachment.php

Here is that cast adjuster you posted on a straight bar and you can see how it would have to be used with plate bow on a gear drive.

attachment.php

Modifiedmark
Well the Poulan cap and watch cap came in. First thing my wife said," you've gone off the deep end".

Glad you got em.

This isnt working out as planned yet though.

14 people told me that they wanted them and so far after everyone was notified only 5 have made the arrangments to get them!

I dont want to drag this out till July. :help:

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Glad you got em.

14 people told me that they wanted them and so far after everyone was notified only 5 have made the arrangments to get them!

I sure hope everyone follows up. You shouldn't have to get stuck with them. Come on guys!
Bob

67 Mustang

67 Mustang

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Glad you got em.

I asked for two but hadn't heard from you about them. Let me know what you need. :msp_thumbup:

Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
This is a plate bow. See the solid mounting plate.

attachment.php

This is the early style 2 piece bow on a gear drive. See where the rails bolt on to the bar mount and the steel adjuster.

attachment.php

Here is that cast adjuster you posted on a straight bar and you can see how it would have to be used with plate bow on a gear drive.

attachment.php

Mark, you are the best. So I have the plate bow bar and the cast adjuster. I know I can fit that thing on one of my saws.

WSJchester

WSJchester

ArboristSite Operative
Glad you got em.

This isnt working out as planned yet though. 14 people told me that they wanted them and so far after everyone was notified only 5 have made the arrangments to get them! I dont want to drag this out till July. :help:

Mark,

Although I wasn't one of the people who said "I'm in" originally, I'll happily take one if you end up stuck with extras.

-Scott

jasper89

jasper89

ArboristSite Operative
Yes it just comes apart.[/

there is one less 5200 left in the world, i split the broken case and harvested everything i could, crank, rod, seals, bearings, alignment pins, studs etc. once i got the last screw out she came right apart.

Any chance of an extra ignition module? Never hurts to ask.

Frank

a. palmer jr.
I like the 40 year rule......but sometimes unforseen circumstances :after_boom: forces you to abondon that plan....and start with a clean slate. :msp_ohmy: then in an effort to replace your 2 saw plan you come down with a full blown case of CAD and then I came down with BAD, that is something to be avoided if at all possible.

I finally whittled my arsenal down to about 45 saws. That's not counting spare parts and saws. The saws are on wooden shelves so they're kinda neat but everything else is messy.