Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This carb requires one of the "W" shaped guages to set the needle arm and I didn't have one. It's just a little above the floor of the carb chamber. I used it off and on for about an hour through a tank of gas and it always started and ran the same. it may take more than one tank to tell if it holds the adjustment.
Cannon

Maybe a few days before the gtg we can post up some stuff for trade or sale? I have a couple large Homelite bars (solid tip) new or like new, and a real nice NOS Poulan Pro 32" bar (3/8 .063). And I need a couple K041 bars in 16" (chains too if you have them).

Well i am far from an expert too.2 1/2 on the low seems ok but 3 turns on the high seems too much but that depends on each carb.Have you adjusted the height of the needle lever properly?

Only way to be sure for air leaks is a vacuum/presure test.

2 and 1/2 to 3 turns is quite common on the newer carbs.
Yeah, it freaked me out the first time I encountered it too!

Mike

When was the GTG? I'm thinking Gregg posted that it was on the 12th or 13th but it has been a while and this crap with the pop up's on AS has kept me from getting on here lately. I hope I didn't miss it...:cry:

No worries John, You didn't miss it. :laugh: It is Sat. Oct. 12th. Hopefully we will get some weather like we have had for the past week or two.

If anybody needs the address again, just PM me. ;)

:cheers:
Gregg,

Hope you guys behaved at the GTG. Bet you had a great time. Interesting how much cheaper Craftsman badged Poulans go than actual Poulans on Ebay! Guess its the CRaftsman badge that gets everyone.
Bob

Hope you guys behaved at the GTG. Bet you had a great time. Interesting how much cheaper Craftsman badged Poulans go than actual Poulans on Ebay! Guess its the CRaftsman badge that gets everyone.
Bob

Bob, i have seen some of those 3.7 etc go for over $100 plus. If you go to the completed auctions you will see the sold prices. It is hit or miss when dealing with ebay most of the time.

Bob, i have seen some of those 3.7 etc go for over $100 plus. If you go to the completed auctions you will see the sold prices. It is hit or miss when dealing with ebay most of the time.

Yea and it looks like shipping will be higher than I posted. I might lose money on this sale. Oh well, I made room in my garage!

Yea and it looks like shipping will be higher than I posted. I might lose money on this sale. Oh well, I made room in my garage!

On a saw that size I would charge at least $30 for shipping and if it ends up in NY or California it will cost more than that. I've had a good running 3.7 on ebay for quite a while and nobody has bid on it. Mine's a Poulan version, not the Roper. I doubt if mine will sell but I'd rather keep it than give it away...

Hello.... Any body still alive here in this forum? :msp_ohmy: Two days without a post is kind of freaky in the Poulan thread. Everyone busy? or just the site problems keeping traffic down?

I been able to get on without to much problems for a while know. At least with the no-scripts thing keeping the Linksbuck BS at bay. Although i can't seem to access the settings page on here today.
I hope things get back to "normal" soon.

Gregg,

Hello.... Any body still alive here in this forum? :msp_ohmy: Two days without a post is kind of freaky in the Poulan thread. Everyone busy? or just the site problems keeping traffic down?

I been able to get on without to much problems for a while know. At least with the no-scripts thing keeping the Linksbuck BS at bay. Although i can't seem to access the settings page on here today.
I hope things get back to "normal" soon.

Gregg,

We are still here Gregg...but I agree with the not much going on lately. I'm glad AS is back up and running though...been spending way too much money on ebay being bored lol.

We are still here Gregg...but I agree with the not much going on lately. I'm glad AS is back up and running though...been spending way too much money on ebay being bored lol.

LOL, I hear ya John...I use to do that too. But, when ya don't have money, lookin at stuff ya can't buy on ebay gets old too! :laugh: I spent way to much money gettin that last 5200 together and running. I decided to knock off the chainsaw buying for a while. So far, so good. I have plenty of saws to keep me cutting for awhile at least.:D

Gregg,

LOL, I hear ya John...I use to do that too. But, when ya don't have money, lookin at stuff ya can't buy on ebay gets old too! :laugh: I spent way to much money gettin that last 5200 together and running. I decided to knock off the chainsaw buying for a while. So far, so good. I have plenty of saws to keep me cutting for awhile at least.:D

Gregg,

You might as well get looking then. You never know when you might live beyond 200.
Definitely looking forward to a week tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back