Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if these newer ones would work. Look neater then the ones I used to have to wear.

1359800XL_s7
I will have to look around and find out what is available. Usually no body out there except me so I do
care what they look like.
The eyes do feel better this morning. Put some drops in last night before bed and that seemed to help.

I threw this out at da other site,

I'm in need of a 5200, er someone who could bring one back from the dead?

It ain't for me, just someone who is loyal to the green that I need to do sumthin' for.

Thanks,

Happy Holidays!

mo

The PP365 came with 3/8's chain.

I have tested informally both 3/8 x7 against .325 x 8 on mine and really couldn't tell any difference between them. If there is, it aint much...

Use what you prefer or what you got.

yup, checked the 365 today, 3/8 spur sprocket. the 335 has the 325

No, no, no,

the guru of Poulans.

Mark don't give a crap on me, I know he does good work though.

I need someone to step up for a fellow 'go mango' lover and restore his saw to BETTER than new.

No, no, no,

the guru of Poulans.

Mark don't give a crap on me, I know he does good work though.

I need someone to step up for a fellow 'go mango' lover and restore his saw to BETTER than new.

I don't get it. I thought you were a saw builder and what does Mark have to do with rebuilding one. I have a 5200 and if I want it rebuilt I will do it myself. I know what it takes and all the information for decals and paint are all available here for the asking. I am sure that it could not be any more difficult then a Dolmar.

played with some little saws today with iron Mike, very old blue sears 2.3 25DA, a craftsman red 25DA with power sharp and we built a 2300 cva out of a few parts saws. It was a fun day before going back to work tomorrow with it pouring rain here.

Thanks for the clutch, Kevin. It arrived today and is already installed:)

That is an awesome find! Where in the world did you find that? I would be all over one of those!

I actually just ported one of those today. It was one of the newer yellow ones. I pulled the base gasket and still had .045" squish! I threw the jug on the lathe and brought it down to .020". I was more than surprised when I tested the compression and found an astounding 205 PSI! She makes RPMs too. I saw 13,200 while tuning it:)

We need video Brad.:popcorn:

I don't get it. I thought you were a saw builder and what does Mark have to do with rebuilding one. I have a 5200 and if I want it rebuilt I will do it myself. I know what it takes and all the information for decals and paint are all available here for the asking. I am sure that it could not be any more difficult then a Dolmar.

I must me missing something here??

played with some little saws today with iron Mike, very old blue sears 2.3 25DA, a craftsman red 25DA with power sharp and we built a 2300 cva out of a few parts saws. It was a fun day before going back to work tomorrow with it pouring rain here.
got a craftsman color s25cva & micro xxv, don't run 'em much but when I do... +1

Someone on a local CL is selling a Poulan Pro 225, I don't see that one listed on Mike Acres' site (looked under "Poulan Pro" section.) Is it similar to another saw that's more common? A search found very little info on the interwebs, so any specs, opinions about the desirability of the saw, etc., are all welcome.

Scott in Penfield NY

Latest posts

Back