Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been lookin around & what does the 2077jred Poulan 475 weigh as far as power head only? Is it easier to find one or the other?

Are parts fairly easy to find for either one or mostly na? I am looking to replace my 064/66 hybrid with something lighter that still runs pretty good. Maybe the 372 with a big bore kit is more obtainable? or should I say more affordable? Would rather have the poulan 475 or jred, both look kinda tough to find? Is the 2083 with the bigger topend the same weight as the 2077? Sorry this is not all poulan questions, but I think the 475 is a 2077?

Mark has a pic of his clean 475 and PHO weight in in the 14lb's range. stated weighed hair more then the stihl 460.
Guess its 15lbs going by the pic of Marks I found on my site.

Seems his pics here disappeared.

IMO all weight the same. Unless you add the full wrap and big dawgs. I own a 415 425 445 475 505. I like the quad ported 415 425 445 the best of the series.

Last edited:
I was feeling I had abandoned my roots by buying a few off brand saws (good ones though) over the last little while so I went out and bought a Mastercraft branded 3400 before supper to get back in the fold. It's yellow and has a Vanguard chain is the only downside so far. I didn't even look at it too closely as I figured it was time I had a few parts if it doesn't work out.

Was Mastercraft a popular branded Poulan there Tim?

Not so much but I have heard they sold a lot of them. The Craftsman saws were likely the most common from what I see come up for sale, then Poulan, then Mastercraft. I just had a close look at it and I think it is the best condition 3400 that I have. It looked like the owner knew what to care for.
The piston and cylinder look very clean as is the saw except for some saw dust where it was used to clean up the mess we had up here. The owner said it was his father's saw but he couldn't keep it running. It's the first one I've seen with the larger screws in the rear lower handle and it has the later muffler without the front muffler shield.
I'll take a few pics and post them.

Back