Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on my PP405 so I can sell. Found an air leak between the carb and reed valve assembly. Further inspection showed that someone ,or me, tightened the carb screws too tight which caused small cracks in the assembly resulting in an air leak. Think I can still buy one somewhere. Need to look.

Those reed blocks are scarce and very fragile. I know this is heresy but I've sealed them up with a hot soldering iron.

The bore is 2.02 ish

Then without seeing, I think you might have a hard to find 450. That is the one you pictured with the felt pickup in the tank? If not and it has a regular fuel line, it would be a 451.

Hard to find saws. I tried to buy a 451 sometime back from a member here in WA state who thought it was worth more then I did. It was rough, but he kept saying it was a runner. Yea so what, don't mean it ran good. Might have been scored for all I know and the shipping from OR and WA is too high.

hey Mark, what have you been up to. Last year you were working a lot....still doing that?
I have a line on a 361 that is supposed to be in nice shape and a runner for $50 I sure don't need it but
they sure are pretty with the cast aluminum muffler.

Yeah I have been busy with work but that just came to a screeching halt for now. Just pop in here now and again, tired of being stalked.

Not a bad deal on a 361, just make sure the P/C is good. We came up with the aftermarket seals for those which is a good thing.

I just picked this up last week. Nice clean example of the later 306SA. Original bar and still wore its original .325 X 9 sprocket on it. Of course I want to run this one so it got a 3/8 X 7 sprocket on it. My restored 306SA has a working Power Sharp on it with a original Barracuda chain.

Got it on the bench yesterday to do the old saw stuff to it. Anyone who picks up any of the saws in this series needs to look closely at the tank/handle to crankcase seal on these. 90% that I see are deteriorated and missing. If ran in that condition, it will defeat the air filter and allow crap up into the carb box and carb.

I use a piece of B&S air filter/prefilter foam to cut a new seal out of. It don't have to be pretty, just effective.

100_4966 (Custom).JPG 100_4975 (Custom).JPG 100_4986 (Custom).JPG

Back