Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I found something. Hopefully one of you Poulan gurus can authenticate.
00303_aLBq6QWDK34_600x450_zps2724ff06.jpg

00606_3UOven5uamO_600x450_zps3473872a.jpg

Bar on the Dayton/361 any count?

I will look later this morning, I will have to move a bunch of stuff in the garage to get to it and don't want to wake everyone up doing it.

I covet the saw in the middle with the huge bow bar or whatever it's called. Saw looks manly.

A bunch came with bows, I have taken them off for storage.

image.jpg

I think I found something. Hopefully one of you Poulan gurus can authenticate.
00303_aLBq6QWDK34_600x450_zps2724ff06.jpg

00606_3UOven5uamO_600x450_zps3473872a.jpg

Roper it is, they also came in blue with white trim and red with black trim.

Pulled the Craftsman 3.7 out of the pile and gave it a quick once over and a hasty clean up. This looks to be a good saw, discovered the bar plates were reversed (inner was outer). Here is how it looks.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It has a brand new air filter and the chain may not have been sharpened. A little gas in the carb and it ran. Flushed the tank and gave it some fuel and it fired up and settled down to a nice idle. Compression is 140 on the saw.

Gregg,

Good to see you posting, I was surprised how well it cleaned up and how well it ran. I think I have 3 other red ones and 2 grey ones, so I will probably send it down the road to help recoup what I had to spend on the load. It has an almost new Stihl chain on it as well.

Gary

Gregg,

Good to see you posting, I was surprised how well it cleaned up and how well it ran. I think I have 3 other red ones and 2 grey ones, so I will probably send it down the road to help recoup what I had to spend on the load. It has an almost new Stihl chain on it as well.

Gary

Any idea what you want for it Gary? I'd like to pick one up eventually.

Pulled the Craftsman 3.7 out of the pile and gave it a quick once over and a hasty clean up. This looks to be a good saw, discovered the bar plates were reversed (inner was outer). Here is how it looks.

View attachment 386416 View attachment 386417 View attachment 386418

It has a brand new air filter and the chain may not have been sharpened. A little gas in the carb and it ran. Flushed the tank and gave it some fuel and it fired up and settled down to a nice idle. Compression is 140 on the saw.

Cleaned up nice. Like the red paint

Gregg,

Gary
Gary, can you confirm that the red 3.7 is thin ringed. Reason I ask is I had a red one that actually was a 3800. Have been confused ever since.

Bob

Latest posts

Back