Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it is a 6700 that was used at a comercial firewood operation for many years. I actually have no excuse to own any other saw. It starts, cuts, oils and idles like a new saw. I am no expert, but the design and build quality on the Echo saw seems about as good as it gets. I don't know how old it is, but it has been around a while. It weighs about the same as my 3400 but it has a chain brake and a slightly longer bar. Very pleasant saw to use.
Yup. I have an older 660evl that runs great though it's a little heavy.

My uncle has a Poulan Pro 365 and his recoil recently went south on him. He asked me to see if I could find him a replacement as he's checked everywhere locally and he can't find anything. Does anybody know where I can find one? I guess just the plastic round piece broke (part number 530036054), so that's technically all he needs, but thought it may be easier to find the whole recoil assembly. Does anybody have one or know where to get one. I checked ebay and couldn't find anything definite. I did find -THIS-, but don't know for sure if it will work. I have attached a photo of a saw like his below.

thanks!
Paul

pro 365.JPG

My uncle has a Poulan Pro 365 and his recoil recently went south on him. He asked me to see if I could find him a replacement as he's checked everywhere locally and he can't find anything. Does anybody know where I can find one? I guess just the plastic round piece broke (part number 530036054), so that's technically all he needs, but thought it may be easier to find the whole recoil assembly. Does anybody have one or know where to get one. I checked ebay and couldn't find anything definite. I did find -THIS-, but don't know for sure if it will work. I have attached a photo of a saw like his below.

thanks!
Paul

View attachment 387301

Nope don't know what to tell you, that part is obsolete. Keep watching ebay, they pop up now and then. I picked up a new one not long ago for a spare and no I don't want to sell it.

A recoil from a 336, 3500, 3600, PP330, 380, 3750 and 3450 should work although I have not tried them. That Craftsman cover you show may bolt on and work for a short time but is a lighter duty unit that probably won't last long,

if you do you can't let your family in there as they'll muck it up before you get a chance to. I have a door to the house from my garage and it must have an upset stomach cause its always vomiting stuff into my garage. just sayin.

thanks!
Paul

View attachment 387301

To retro fit a 330 380 3750 3450 recoil you have to use a 330 380 3750 3450 flywheel too.

So just buy a used parts saw or parts and swap over. Now remember the pulley is NLA new on those too.

or just do the same with the 365 3500 etc and buy used stuff.

What do ya'll think this saw is worth?
_57_zps03ebf98d.jpg

Supposedly has new piston and cylinder. Ported. Boost port model, whatever that means. New gaskets and seals. Sounds like it has a new carb. Runs rich for some reason.

Back