Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TECUMSEH POWER PRODUCTS I have 3 of them.

****, so neither. Do you like them? Are they worth getting? Thought surely one of my family members would have recognized the early onset of CAD and give me a chainsaw. Nope, nothing with a sharp chain under the tree. Looks like I have to buy my own.

View attachment 389479
View attachment 389481
They are very old school. Almost like something you would build in your garage. Zero AV. I have cad so I would jump on a nice one. I paid a lot for this one, but the bar has never been mounted and the chain was in its original envelope. That chain is wicked. I lost blood just handling it. Razor sharp is an understatement.

Oh that's purdy. Where'd you find a new old ass saw like that? That's too nice for me, I want to run all my saws. No free rides in my house

****, so neither. Do you like them? Are they worth getting? Thought surely one of my family members would have recognized the early onset of CAD and give me a chainsaw. Nope, nothing with a sharp chain under the tree. Looks like I have to buy my own.

No its a Roper built saw. They built it around a Tecumseh Power Products engine.

Oh that's purdy. Where'd you find a new old ass saw like that? That's too nice for me, I want to run all my saws. No free rides in my house

I could have bought a NOS one just like that close to the house here a couple years ago. C/L seller wanted $200 for it and I explained it wasn't a really highly sought after model and I would give him $100 for it.

He declined and it got listed on and off again for close to a year. It finally ended up on Ebay and brought right at the $100 I offered for it earlier. So he then had to pack it up to ship and pay ebay and paypal fees on the same money I offered earlier. Brilliant

I could have bought a NOS one just like that close to the house here a couple years ago. C/L seller wanted $200 for it and I explained it wasn't a really highly sought after model and I would give him $100 for it.

He declined and it got listed on and off again for close to a year. It finally ended up on Ebay and brought right at the $100 I offered for it earlier. So he then had to pack it up to ship and pay ebay and paypal fees on the same money I offered earlier. Brilliant
Nice lol. Stupid hurts.

Speaking of stupid, never knew the seller had to pay eBay and PayPal fees. Guess that's why guys mention friends and family option in the Trading post

Nice collection indeed Stephen! And you are very correct, just took the first one for me and downhill from there!

You have some nice big countervibes that look like they have seen a lot of use. They are incredible tools. You need a 330 family saw (center row) to enjoy the last great Poulans. Perhaps the best firewood saw ever built. Lightweight, super quiet and 54cc of mag cased grunt. My 5020 is the last poulan I bought. pretty nice saw for the money.

Yeah I do want to pick up a Poulan in that family as well. Heard good things about them.

Just great, scratch that saw off my interested list. Why are there so many of these freaking Roper saws?

Cause Sears sold them..LOL Most anything that was sold at Sears, was sold in big numbers. Both in store and more so years ago, in the catalog. I'm old enough to remember the pre Walmart, Kmart, TSC, and speciallty online stores. If ya didn't buy something from a " dealer" back in the day, you bought it from Sears, Montgomery Wards, Western Auto, etc.

Years ago Sears sold just about everything!! From farm implements, guns, houses, you name it. I can remember when I was a kid, the Sears Christmas catalog was the highlight of the year. LOL Not to mention the "Big' catalog.

Gregg,

Cause Sears sold them..LOL Most anything that was sold at Sears, was sold in big numbers. Both in store and more so years ago, in the catalog. I'm old enough to remember the pre Walmart, Kmart, TSC, and speciallty online stores. If ya didn't buy something from a " dealer" back in the day, you bought it from Sears, Montgomery Wards, Western Auto, etc.

Years ago Sears sold just about everything!! From farm implements, guns, houses, you name it. I can remember when I was a kid, the Sears Christmas catalog was the highlight of the year. LOL Not to mention the "Big' catalog.

Gregg,

That really makes sense right there lol. Sears /big box store will sell in big numbers and they've been around for a long time. Thanks for clearing that up. Couldn't understand why they are so plentiful.

Picked up some free parts saws today. All small saws, Poulan, Craftsman, a Dayton and a Skil.

View attachment 389607
I'll get the 3400 parts saw out to you Monday. Missing some things but it'll give you something to do. Crankcase is leak free with new seals. Exhaust port was also widened.

I'll get the 3400 parts saw out to you Monday. Missing some things but it'll give you something to do. Crankcase is leak free with new seals. Exhaust port was also widened.

I think your thinking of someone else, maybe Ambull01 was looking for that 3400?

Latest posts

Back