Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWhiteOak12182014043.jpg

The 5200 did some good work against this old white oak the other day. ;)

Thats a GREAT pic! Thats what I was trying to point out the other day. The 5200 and its later versions really shine when in wood like that. I just hate seeing 5200's with 20" bars on them cutting 8" trees & limbs. LOL

Gregg,

Thats a GREAT pic! Thats what I was trying to point out the other day. The 5200 and its later versions really shine when in wood like that. I just hate seeing 5200's with 20" bars on them cutting 8" trees & limbs. LOL

Gregg,
Agreed. My 5200 came in with a 20" combo, as I unload some more saws a portion of the $$ will go to a suitable b&c. My 750 homelite had an 18".

My Homelite 540 (88 cc's) that I bought new came with a 20, both my Homelitte 8800's came with 16. I bought a 5200 in Arizona for $25 that had a 16.

Yeah that's the way I feel with my Makita. Feel like right when I get into a rhythm I'll hear the saw start to run a bit lean because the tank is running low. That may be a good thing though as it forces me to stop and I usually touch up my chain after every tank. Plus fill up the bar oil tank. It's only a 64cc saw so didn't think it would go through mix so fast. I don't see how guys can use 80+ cc saws. I'd have to mix 5 gallon containers and carry that into the woods along with all the other necessary crap.

More along the lines of a double bagged hydrator backpack, one bag for oil & mix in the other.

You're right on about the 6 cube & bigger saws, they go through a tank of fuel quick, 10-15 minutes and you're done.

More along the lines of a double bagged hydrator backpack, one bag for oil & mix in the other.

You're right on about the 6 cube & bigger saws, they go through a tank of fuel quick, 10-15 minutes and you're done.

Oh damn, that's a great idea. Wonder how hard it would be to make/fabricate? Have something like a Camelbak hydration system for a chainsaw. Two separate pouches like you mentioned. Would be similar to a flame thrower or one of those beer can hold helmets. Not sure how to get around the potential to pull the lines out of the saw while you're moving around though.

Dealers rarely sold combos with large bars due to the cost of the larger bars were fairly expensive, it was not profitable.

I'm not a big believer that the cutting has to be done before the operator can be refueled.
Left Coast supply had a great deal on a 32 inch GB Titanium bar and chain D009 mount a couple days ago.
they also have a very reasonably priced 32 inch bar by itself. I am hoping they run out before my willpower caves in.

Just keep in mind that the Husky bars will like 1 DL less chain on them. A 32" with a 105 will work for a little while but a 104 is what it really needs. That and the 9mm slot is too sloppy on the 5/16" studs. You really need to file the slot out just a little bit to use the stud spacers to make it fit right.

Left Coast supply had a great deal on a 32 inch GB Titanium bar and chain D009 mount a couple days ago.
they also have a very reasonably priced 32 inch bar by itself. I am hoping they run out before my willpower caves in.

Thanks for mentioning that site, prices look great.

Heres a couple more pics fellas.

Pulls this 36 / full comp with authority. Muscle Saw!

BigWhiteOak12182014018.jpg

Start'n ma' notch.

BigWhiteOak12182014024.jpg

After the face cut, look'n purdy for the camera..

BigWhiteOak12182014036.jpg

Stump measured 4ft 10in across at its widest.

BigWhiteOak12182014039.jpg

The reward >>

BigWhiteOak12182014029.jpg

BigWhiteOak12182014028.jpg

BigWhiteOak12182014026.jpg

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!!

Those are some fantastic photos! Some of the best I have seen. :clap:

Merry Christmas to you too! and all the rest of you Poulan Nuts. :laugh:
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back