Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never paid more than $50.00 for any of my 3400's, I did pay $100 for one of my 4000's but it was actually a donation

I have never paid more than $50.00 for any of my 3400's, I did pay $100 for one of my 4000's but it was actually a donation

One of my 2 was under $100 and the other was $110 but I only paid that much because of the condition and I was comfortable with that. Both looked almost unused.

I think I gave $153 for mine around the same time, had a fellow pick it up at the PX.

There's one near me for $150 on CL. Didn't contact the guy because I thought that was way overpriced. Seems they average around $60 or so.

Are/were you in the military?

I see someone else utilizes Gilardoni cylinders too. ;) This is a pic from Brad's (blsnelling} MS661 thread.

IMG_4287-L.jpg

Gregg,

There's one near me for $150 on CL. Didn't contact the guy because I thought that was way overpriced. Seems they average around $60 or so.

I'm with Acornhill on what I would pay for saws. The deals are out there. It just takes time a patients. I'm waiting for the yard sales, flea markets, estate sales and auctions to ramp up in the spring. About Craigs- there's a person in my area trying to sell a 3400 for $200 and a 4620 for $150- probably one of those people that tries to sell used VHS tapes as collectables.

Paid $120 for my Craftsman 3.4 (which looks to actually be 3.7). Found it in Havelock, N.B. on Kijiji. Haven't seen another one since, and it's a shame. Only one of them, (Poulan or otherwise) in my collection. I do want more..

Half of the auctions you speak of, I can't even see them as they won't ship to Canada. I'd gladly pay $100-$150 shipped for another running 3700 or similar. Especially since the only one I have is a craftsman badged unit.

3400 trigger spring, I was installing a couple rear handles today and took a while getting the springs, triggers, bushings etc all lined up and to stay put until I could get the handles on. I went and looked at some of my others and most do not even have the trigger spring. Anyone else have this experience?

Latest posts

Back