Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that your asking price on the tag Gary!

I had it at a GTG in Ohio where I was selling some stuff, I think I put that tag on it so folks would stop asking if it was for sale. I doubt I carried the saw, must have traded for it there. Maybe Dexter Day will remember.

I had it at a GTG in Ohio where I was selling some stuff, I think I put that tag on it so folks would stop asking if it was for sale. I doubt I carried the saw, must have traded for it there. Maybe Dexter Day will remember.

So if you put that tag on to keep people from asking if it's for sale I'm assuming you keeping it?

At one time I was trying to put together all the different brands of 3400 but that is probably a silly idea. I would be willing to let it go, but it is the only one I recall ever seeing in person.

At one time I was trying to put together all the different brands of 3400 but that is probably a silly idea. I would be willing to let it go, but it is the only one I recall ever seeing in person.

That's a cool idea, would be a cool collection. Is also like to pick up a red craftsmen 3.7. I should have bought the one you sold recently Gary.

I am very happy with my Craftsman branded one.. It's got the thin ring piston and I'm thinking it's a 3700. Has a chain brake. I have never seen the actual Poulan version (or any of the other re-badged ones) in person.

At the same time, I'm only 36, and have only been around saws the last 10 or so years - with business picking up when I bought a collection in November. Before that I had 4 saws. Now over 100 !

What do you guys think a good running PP 375 would sell for?

I'm debating selling this 375 if/when I get it running right. I don't really need another 60cc-ish saw so I want to just wait until a 5200/5400/8500 saw pops up for a reasonable price.

What do you guys think a good running PP 375 would sell for?

I'm debating selling this 375 if/when I get it running right. I don't really need another 60cc-ish saw so I want to just wait until a 5200/5400/8500 saw pops up for a reasonable price.

I think when you reap the reward of stuffing that 375 into a fat log and you are kicking at piles of fresh chips at your feet, it will be hard to contemplate passing it along. Cut a load of wood with it, sell the wood, buy another saw. Repeat.

Just saying...

Going to pick this up now. It's a runner. $50. Very excited !
61ea9e29888af3e6b9ecc53a5cfbbd35.jpg

I didn't know a Mastercraft (Canadian Tire) branded 3400 existed - until now.

I think when you reap the reward of stuffing that 375 into a fat log and you are kicking at piles of fresh chips at your feet, it will be hard to contemplate passing it along. Cut a load of wood with it, sell the wood, buy another saw. Repeat.

Just saying...

That's a great damn idea. I contacted an arborist/tree guy and he's going to drop off dump truck loads of logs whenever he has a job in the area. Figure 3-4 dump truck loads will be all I need for a whole year. All the stuff I can scrounge/additional loads from the arborist I'll be able to sell. I'm supposed to be burning wood to save on heating costs so I'll have to keep the CAD in check.

Just got it home. This is in very clean shape. I'm the third owner. First owner was a rich guy who had it for whenever a tree or limb came down in his yard.

He gave it to the second owner, who could never find a chain for it. That might have to do with the 16" bar someone stuck on it.
aa20c4e772b51a1836c5e30da164d583.jpg

I'll pull muffler for a peek later this coming week, but I'd be shocked if it's got any wear. Looks pretty darn clean. Had to prime it to run, and it doesn't want to pull fuel from the tank. I'll need to drain and take a looksie.

I'll also look at interest at the rings, maybe it's another 3700 in disguise like my craftsman. Note it's another with a chain brake.

Still have never laid eyes on an actual Poulan 3400.!

38dbbed8a9d548c8d8361bff96f4e1ac.jpg
704f4acd15e47a611902fc18e28c8d46.jpg
fd01115f86d4a9d986a76479a84d2c7a.jpg
c1975951b7044ffd5ff2e8d0810fb915.jpg

Latest posts

Back