Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 245 I had was an '80 and had the solid state ign sticker on it.

Can't help ya with that specific Dayton saw, but my 245A has electronic ign. Poulan saws from that era, at least the green ones, if they had "Solid State Ignition System" the decal was usually displayed. I assume it would have been on others also. I know Sears Craftsman saws did also.

Gregg,
thanks guys. where would the stickers be mounted? I know the earlier models were points but the limited production (1 year for the 245SA) would make knowing that iffy

Jerry,

I would think the points model has a wire coming from behind the starter assembly to the coil. The points IPL shows the wire with what looks like two spade connectors on it which I think would go to the coil and to the kill switch. The electronic one shouldn't have a wire coming from behind the starter unless there is a trigger back there.

The decals were usually on top of the recoil cover on the 245 & 306 type saws.

Gregg,

100_0392_zpsf216b838.jpg

I would like to find a 4000 - or any of these in Poulan form.

I have to settle thus far for a 3700 in Craftsman 3.4 clothing, and a 3400 in Mastercraft form !

I have a couple micros that need attention though. One is a 25 deluxe CV, the other is similar, maybe a regular 25?

So I recently said I wasn't going to buy any saws for a while. Which I didn't, but I did get lucky enough to trade some stuff I didn't need locally for a Poulan 3800 that a guy didn't want.
Anyway, it's in really good shape after I cleaned it up, even came with a case and I think the original Poulan chain and 20" bar.
It had an air leak from the cylinder being a little loose and a loose carb, but tightened everything up and now it runs like a top.
A couple pics.

20150127_212732.jpg
20150127_212745.jpg
20150127_212831.jpg
20150127_212821.jpg

How many of us have a popular parts stash? Lets hear what you have. Most of you know I have a few items. Cylinders rings piston etc. Also a nice stash of air filters

Back