Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just goofing around and relabeled a pic off a web search - 10000p. Should have realized that it was from one of the guys here. I would have been cool if Poulan would have kept going and manufactured their own 100cc saw in countervibe in their style. Before anybody says something, I'm definitely not saying anything bad about the Dolmar version.

Just sold an 08S for $300 last night. That helps fund the projects and keeps the wife happy.

Changed fuel filter and replaced vent line (duckbill and fitting intact) on my mastercraft 3400 yesterday, and equipped it with a chain. Fired up second pull. It's ready to cut.

View attachment 397982

most likely a rim drive rather than the spur drive. The rim drive lets you change just the drive rim as it wears out. It floats on splines machined into the clutch hub. The large contact area between the drive spline and the clutch hub prevent the groves and wear that you get with a spur drive. The drive rim support the chain better and are cheap to replace.

Very good sir.. bantasaw.com lists one for the 3400, so I'll order one. Thanks for the education..

What are the main differences between the all green 3400's, 3700's etc. versus the black and green 3400's and 3800 Timbermaster and such saws? Just the time they were produced or was that when Poulan wasn't the same company? Just curious since they look the same and seem to be the same.

Yep, I agree with Joe. There wasn't a lot of changes in some saws they made for a while. I think the marketing dept. just changed the color schemes or decal design in some cases, just to make them "FRESH", so to speak. :)

Take for example these two 4000's. Both are exactly the same, no difference except color scheme & decals.
Why they went from just calling it a Counter Vibe to a Professional was probably the marketing dept.

4000Pics007.jpg

4000033.jpg

Gregg,

Yep, I agree with Joe. There wasn't a lot of changes in some saws they made for a while. I think the marketing dept. just changed the color schemes or decal design in some cases, just to make them "FRESH", so to speak. :)

Take for example these two 4000's. Both are exactly the same, no difference except color scheme & decals.
Why they went from just calling it a Counter Vibe to a Professional was probably the marketing dept.

4000Pics007.jpg

4000033.jpg

Gregg,

Interesting Gregg, and super nice saws!

4000Pics007.jpg

4000033.jpg

Gregg,
4000s are great looking saws. I do like the later black handle saws though. I also think those are harder to find. I always like the warning labels on the 3700s and 4000s too.

anyone know if the Dayton 2Z463 (poulan 245SA) is point type ignition or no?

Can't help ya with that specific Dayton saw, but my 245A has electronic ign. Poulan saws from that era, at least the green ones, if they had "Solid State Ignition System" the decal was usually displayed. I assume it would have been on others also. I know Sears Craftsman saws did also.

Gregg,

Back