Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for messin up your Poulan thread......

I'll go back to STIHL & Dolmar land..

:(

You didnt mess nothing up. The poulan 2600 crosses over to husky versions. His wasnt on the list is all. I bumped up a thread elsewhere for you with all the info. Plus seal numbers etc. Seals are cheap for those.

Has anyone but me tried model airplane fuel line in your saw, forgot I had installed it my 2800 years ago and it still looks like new.

Sent from my Prism II from T-Mobile, Steve

Yes, as a matter of fact I have. :laugh: Obviously the clear to blueish looking fuel line for glow fuel powered airplanes & helicopters will not work in a saw. They were for alcohol & nitro based fuels. All the lines I used in gasoline powered planes were Tygon. Same line we use in our saws.

Gregg,

got another great deal. this time on a 3400. got it torn down for cleaning. compression seemed a little low (no compression tester) so I measured squish (0.72) before taking cylinder off. got the following measurements:

bore - 1.807"
ring pin width - 0.055"
measured gap (in cylinder) - 0.103"
actual gap w/pin - 0.103 - 0.055 = 0.048"

per Otto Gas Engine Works I should have a ring gap of 0.4% to 0.8% of the bore; 0.0072" to 0.0145"
including pin width these translate to 0.0622" - 0.0695"

should I spring for new rings or just use the old ones?
i'm ditching the cylinder gasket to get smaller squish. will new rings make that big a difference?

Gotta love good deals on those Jerry! Squish seems a little much though. Since you are taking out the gasket (which helps), I'd go ahead and swap the rings while you have it loose if you suspect low compression. The rings aren't that expensive. Although, the 3400's weren't notorious for blowing high on a gauge anyway even though they were pretty strong runners. You swap the rings, take out the base gasket, and open/modify the muffler, and it'll be a great saw.

Picked up s25cva over the weekend. Will try to get a pic in after I clean it up. The guy had a 306A and 245A all in parts but no p/c's with one of the rods broke. All of the covers are in fairly good shape with hardly any damage to the decals. What's the stuff worth and how hard to find a p/c at least for the 245A?

Latest posts

Back