Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote uid=76383 name="fossil" post=5316469]Here's a real deal on a 3700. Too bad it's 250 mi away. Cast handle dealer add on chain brake as well. I love those country vibes.<br /><br />http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/ottawa/poulan-chain-saw/1064310853?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true[/QUOTE]<br /><br />Thats a great price! Especially for a Country Vibe! All of mine must be Urban saws.. :eek:<br /><br />Thats like the other day I found another Super 250A Poulan for sale, on Craigslist. :dizzy: S25DA<br /><br />Gregg,<br/>. That's wasn't on Athens c/l was it, might have been the same one I saw a week ago.

Sent from my Prism II from T-Mobile, Steve

[quote uid=76383 name="fossil" post=5316469]Here's a real deal on a 3700. Too bad it's 250 mi away. Cast handle dealer add on chain brake as well. I love those country vibes.<br /><br />http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/ottawa/poulan-chain-saw/1064310853?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
<br /><br />Thats a great price! Especially for a Country Vibe! All of mine must be Urban saws.. :eek:<br /><br />Thats like the other day I found another Super 250A Poulan for sale, on Craigslist. :dizzy: S25DA<br /><br />Gregg,<br/>. That's wasn't on Athens c/l was it, might have been the same one I saw a week ago.

Sent from my Prism II from T-Mobile, Steve[/QUOTE]

Nope, This was in Indiana. ;)

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/grd/4964148784.html

Gregg,

I obviously know why some call them a 250A, but it just annoys me...LOL When someone is selling one, and calls it a Super 250A, obviously doesn't know beans about the saw, other maybe than where they got it, or where it came from. Then, I still have my doubts. :laugh:

Gregg,
Ah, Gregg. Obviously you don't have one of the 250cc versions. Hot saw.

What about a 4146cc chainsaw!

th

Dang it Tim! I just looked..I do have one of them 250ASuper saws. I been under utilizing mine though. I just have a 14" bar on it. :eek: Do they make a 36" bar in that style mount? I feel so stupid. :oops:

100_0210_zpskgmmygdf.jpg

Gregg,

Dang it Tim! I just looked..I do have one of them 250ASuper saws. I been under utilizing mine though. I just have a 14" bar on it. :eek: Do they make a 36" bar in that style mount? I feel so stupid. :oops:

100_0210_zpskgmmygdf.jpg

Gregg,

They sure do and longer as well. They look like this. Cannon has nothing to compare these bars.

bar.jpg

They sure do and longer as well. They look like this. Cannon has nothing to compare these bars.

View attachment 419423

I'm sorry, I must have miss spoke in my comments. (nice bar) What I meant to say was, Do they make a bigger BLADE for my Super250A saw?:confused:

By the way, Has your snow man melted yet Tim? :D

Gregg,

Its 47° right now in central NC...and wet! Bleh! Had some pretty decent weather lately, but the last week or so hasn't seemed to dry out. I still need to plow dang-it! Either been too frozen, too wet, or I've been too busy to get it done yet since I've had the notion in Feb.

The snow has gone. Our temps over the last week have been in the 60's to one or two days around 70. It's about time .

The weather where I live actually comes very close to matching yours Gregg.

Oh....so you get ONE nice day, then rain & wind, another nice day, more rain & wind, etc. with fluctuating temps. Still leaving the ground as soft as jello, so ya can't get out in the woods to work, while the temps are bearable.:D

Seems like it has to be 80-90 F before I can cut wood around here. :(

Gregg,

First pic was in March, second one April. Just as I suspected, there is a tree growing behind that snow. Looks like somebody better get the lawn mower ready, instead of saws too, unfortunately. :(

SnowMarch2015%20024_zpsnvze4ddd.jpg

100_0077_zpsbs7dufgb.jpg

Gregg,

Great looking place you have there Gregg.

Our grass is just starting to green up. It knows to keep it's head down until the end of April.

Got the s25cva cleaned up. I had a hunch that since it came from the original shop that it was purchased that it was gone over within the past few years - all the gas lines were nice and soft and chain was sharp. Just needed new gas and a few pulls and it started. Now it starts in 1-2 pulls. The piston is flawless and there's so much compression I have to darn near stand on it to pull. What a nice surprise!DSCF3425.JPG

Back