Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most recent 5200 I picked up had a full wrap handle on it and it was functional but it got smashed up some at some point. That's about all that was wrong with it. Anyway I tried to hammer it out tonight and it really didn't help much so I decided to swap it out for an extra regular handle I had laying around.
I don't know why but the smashed one just bothered me on it. Call me ocd.
Anyway here is a pic of the smashed handle, the saw with the new handle and a picture of my 3 5200's together just because I hadn't taken one yet.

20150501_212204.jpg 20150501_221306.jpg
20150501_221747.jpg
20150501_221556.jpg

Can someone give me some info on Poulan pro455and the pioneer /partner match to it! Also what saw with the same angled cylinder had a 52mm bore? I saved a whole lot of pp from the dump/recycle guy the other day. I believe there was 4 boxes and half of a plastic 55 gallon plastic drum worth of saws and parts. There was also 445,475, and 505 parts and saws in there,but I believe they be spoken for already. I'll post some pics when I get near my phone! Thanks for any help!

Adam

If any one is looking for parts or projects let me know! I really don't have room for these or time , but I could see them get thrown away like they did with the first two loads like this!

Cutting today
690d3824eb1b2dd7741e9fb9818097e2.jpg

On my S25DA the choke shutter is not traveling either way properly. There is a lot of slop between the lever and the shutter. It neither closes all the way or opens all the way. I'm wondering if only the tip of the lever is engaged or one of the parts is not correct. Have a look at the pics of the lever and the shutter.

The lever is engaged between the two tabs on the shutter.

Attachments

• DSCF2640.JPG
    DSCF2640.JPG
    520 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF2639.JPG
    DSCF2639.JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 28
Pretty simple mechanism that either works or doesn't based on the alignment of things during installation of the cover..., unless I'm missing something else here.

Position the choke itself to the 'open' position and the knob to 'off', then install the cover. Should be a straight ahead alignment of the two with the tab of the control knob dropping directly into the notch on the choke. Not much room for slop or error unless the pieces aren't aligned correctly..

Back