Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut a bunch of wood today with the S25DA. Wishing I had the AV version. This saw really cuts despite the fact that it wears one of those shark fin Oregon chains.

Aaargh, I am still needing to order up some rings for my benched one. Given what I have read about these, perhaps I should not be so hasty in skipping the base gasket when I get around to the rebuild. That, or get used to standing on the little thing to start it.

I did wear padded gloves and have some good anti vibration gloves from Galeton which they don't make anymore.

I have to be careful because I have white finger and don't want it to get any worse. I generally means that my blood vessels in my hands are damaged and my hands get cold very easily. If they do, they look exactly like the hands of a dead person.
I don't find any of my other rigid mount saws bother if I wear padded gloves.

Fantastic little saw though. I can't believe how much I cut on less than a tank of fuel.

I get the white fingers, too. sawin. on the bike. stop, have a smoke, sometimes 2...

I ran two of my 5200's today, one cut great for a while and now won't stay running. The other has the old style starter dogs on it and is now binding up when I try and start it. I pulled the P50 out and finished up with it. 32" bar. I have work to do tonight.

Since I tore into the 54cc yesterday (pic above) and ran out of time after doing 4 projects. Finished the 54cc to a 60cc conversion today since it was raining out. Put the bigger oem carb on (you ave to be following thread elsewhere to know why) someone had put a 49 on it, new intake boot, impulse line, bigger then oem fuel line.

60cc3450 002.JPG 60cc3450 004.JPG

Finally got to do a little cutting Saturday morning. I only had room to take one saw with me though for the weekend:( Took the modded Craftsman 3.7 I bought from Mark and it ran great the
whole time. Had to do a little tuning at the start but got it dialed in pretty quick.
Cut up some downed black pine for camp fire wood and then cut up some bigger downed red fir as well. The black pine wasn't real big but the red fir was big enough to bury the 20" bar in.
Anyway, heading back up this coming weekend and going to take one of the 5200's with the bigger bar for some bigger wood. Hopefully I'll get some action shots then.

20150516_095637.jpg

Finally got to do a little cutting Saturday morning. I only had room to take one saw with me though for the weekend:( Took the modded Craftsman 3.7 I bought from Mark and it ran great the
whole time. Had to do a little tuning at the start but got it dialed in pretty quick.
Cut up some downed black pine for camp fire wood and then cut up some bigger downed red fir as well. The black pine wasn't real big but the red fir was big enough to bury the 20" bar in.
Anyway, heading back up this coming weekend and going to take one of the 5200's with the bigger bar for some bigger wood. Hopefully I'll get some action shots then.

View attachment 425705

Nice see that Nate! Glad I sent it to where it would be used.

That small soft pine wasn't much of a challenge for it was it?

Back