Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Poulan 360 I bought got delivered yesterday, it's actually a 361. Starter was stuck but it freed up pretty easily. Saw is in great cosmetic shape and piston and cylinder look good. Gas tank is clean but had a little water in it, it needs a new fuel line and I need to clean the muffler and pull the cylinder just to check it further.

2 questions for someone who is familiar with this saw, how do I go about taking this apart to get to the cylinder so I can remove it? And also, the muffler has white powder type build up on it, mostly on the inside, what can I do to remove it? Can I soak the muffler in something? Thanks fellas!

20151117_222103.jpg
20151117_222033.jpg
20151117_222146.jpg
20151117_222047.jpg
20151117_222121.jpg
20151117_222133.jpg

The Poulan 360 I bought got delivered yesterday, it's actually a 361. Starter was stuck but it freed up pretty easily. Saw is in great cosmetic shape and piston and cylinder look good. Gas tank is clean but had a little water in it, it needs a new fuel line and I need to clean the muffler and pull the cylinder just to check it further.

2 questions for someone who is familiar with this saw, how do I go about taking this apart to get to the cylinder so I can remove it? And also, the muffler has white powder type build up on it, mostly on the inside, what can I do to remove it? Can I soak the muffler in something? Thanks fellas!

View attachment 462202
View attachment 462204
View attachment 462205
View attachment 462206
View attachment 462207
View attachment 462208

Nice 361. Be glad its not a 360, you really don't need to deal with the felt fuel pickup on those.

To pull the jug you need to remove the carb and the upper handle assy. It makes it easier to replace the fuel line so do that at the same time.

That saw has sat around so you will want to replace the crank seals on it.

FW side crank seal OEM 1986 Dichtomatic 056081TC SKF 5523

PTO side crank seal OEM 1914 Dichtomatic 06081SM

You can clean up the muffler with a small wire brush mounted in a drill

Nice 361. Be glad its not a 360, you really don't need to deal with the felt fuel pickup on those.

To pull the jug you need to remove the carb and the upper handle assy. It makes it easier to replace the fuel line so do that at the same time.

That saw has sat around so you will want to replace the crank seals on it.

FW side crank seal OEM 1986 Dichtomatic 056081TC SKF 5523

PTO side crank seal OEM 1914 Dichtomatic 06081SM

You can clean up the muffler with a small wire brush mounted in a drill

Awesome, thanks a lot Mark I appreciate it very much!

Here you go Bull... Posted it before i believe, but a while back... Yes, it's the baby brother to the 655. Would love to have a 405(4.0ci/65cc) and the 525(5.0ci/82cc) to make the set... Maybe one day....

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Nice! They have to be some of the best looking saws, IMO at least lol. By the way it looks, I wouldn't think it was a 70cc saw. It has a sort of flat side profile.

Nice! They have to be some of the best looking saws, IMO at least lol. By the way it looks, I wouldn't think it was a 70cc saw. It has a sort of flat side profile.
Cylinder on those is laid down in a horizontal config, not upright like the other big Poulans. And gas and oil is in front of crankcase.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I've had this little dood for awhile. Just found the 12" local to me and picked up a breaker/spinner recently to finally give it some love. Not a wow for the Poulan thread but it runs really well for what it is.View attachment 462349

Nice find on the 12" bar. Those saws, and the earlier XXV versions, are pretty popular with the Poulan folks. I have a couple of those, and a couple of the rear handle version, re-badged as Craftsman.

little dood for awhile. Just found the 12" local to me and picked up a breaker/spinner recently to finally give it some love. Not a wow for the Poulan thread but it runs really well for what it is.View attachment 462349[/QUOTE]
Those are great lil saws, have a 2.3 red Craftsman and a Poulan 2000, which I use a lot for trimming, retired the Craftsman due to low compression, p/c damage but still runs.

little dood for awhile. Just found the 12" local to me and picked up a breaker/spinner recently to finally give it some love. Not a wow for the Poulan thread but it runs really well for what it is.View attachment 462349
Those are great lil saws, have a 2.3 red Craftsman and a Poulan 2000, which I use a lot for trimming, retired the Craftsman due to low compression, p/c damage but still runs.[/QUOTE]

You could probably find pretty cheap a non-runner Craftsman 2.3 with a good P&C that just has the usual problems--clogged up with old mix, deteriorated fuel lines, etc.

Anybody know if the 361/306 rings are available anywhere? Everything looks good in the 361 after tearing into it last night but I want to replace the rings on it. There is one on ebay, but I want to replace both.

Anybody know if the 361/306 rings are available anywhere? Everything looks good in the 361 after tearing into it last night but I want to replace the rings on it. There is one on ebay, but I want to replace both.
you'll probly have to buy some from the Greek or elsewhere and file them down to fit. that's what I had to do. not hard. measure twice, file once.

Back