Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I used Mastermind's sandpaper/scotchbite pad method.

Looked back at the old posts and read this again. Could you tell me about the method? I'm going to take the Echo 900 apart and look at everything. I may try to clean the cylinder and buy a new piston.

I like those #'s. 4000 is a beast with a 20". None of my 4200 have more than a 21" bar on them. I am going to change that.

My 6900 has a 24" bar on it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

You should post some pics of your 6900 Acorn. Thats a pretty rare bird. I realize its basically a 4200 in a newer set of designer clothes. LOL But I have never seen one in person. I have got to run just about every Poulan there is, thanks to the fellow Poulan nuts, at GTG's etc. Except the 6900!

There was one for sale on ebay several years ago. Wasn't even in that great of condition, and think he was wanting $600. I guess you have to pay for rarity.

Gregg,

There are two filters made from filter foam. The first pic shows the location of the filter that blocks the opening to the oil pump area.

Cut a cube that is a little bit larger (height and width), poke a hole through the center of it so the manual pump rod will slide through it and trap the filter in the channel centered under the screw boss just above my finger in the pic. I haven't made that one up yet but I think about 5/8" - 3/4" long and snug in the channel. Just make sure it blocks off the opening when the oil pump area cover (piece of aluminum held on with 4 screws) is installed.
Nothing precise, just plug the hole

View attachment 462583

This is the filter foam that slides through the opening in the front of the oil pump. Make sure it doesn't touch the pintle (the button with the shaft and spring that goes into the center hole).

View attachment 462591
Thanks for the pics and the size, that's helps alot when I didn't know it had those or where they went.

Steve

Any of you guys down near Augusta, GA? I can't recall... Might have found something but it's a non ship :/

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

My newest 4200 , do you think it will pull the 16" bar?
725c9f92ba4d7779a17cc832311ed8b5.jpg

My newest 4200 , do you think it will pull the 16" bar?
725c9f92ba4d7779a17cc832311ed8b5.jpg

LOL, I could never figure that out. Running such short bars on a nearly 70cc reed valve saw. That produce a lot of muscle, and not known for high rpm of 13,500 - 16,000 like the more modern pizz- revvers. They aren't the lightest saws going either. I guess I would rather use its weight & power to handle bigger bars & wood, and leave the 16" bars for something like a Poulan 3000 or some such. ;)

Gregg,

Nice find Mark!!! Ain't they pretty when they are new. :picture:

Gregg,

You mean especially more pretty right? :laugh:

The box isn't mint and its missing the original packaging in the box but otherwise it's a pretty nice find.

Still has the original Sears transfer tag on the box dated 1991. It came from the Manteno IL distribution center and was shipped to the Sears in the Southlake Mall in Merrillville IN.

Back