Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this saw was posted a couple weeks ago by Echoshawn, but since he just picked up that super nice 4900, he sold me this original owner 4200 that he beat me to by a few hours on CL. (Thanks Shawn!) Anyway, I wanted to post a couple pics, piston looks good and compression is 155 which I assume is pretty good for this saw. It has some carbon build up on the exhaust port so I'm going to pull the cylinder and clean that off before I use it. The company on the bar cover and on the silver sticker on the top cover is where the saw was originally sold here in town. Also has the original owners manual which is cool.

20151124_180226.jpg
20151124_180318.jpg

Sweet saw

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Nate, thats a nice 4200.

Do you have a scanner? It would be nice if you could get that original owners manual scanned into a PDF. I would like a copy of it if you can.

Thanks guys. Yes Mark I have one here at work. I'll bring it on Friday and scan it and e-mail you a copy. Anyone else want a copy, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send one to you as well.

I gave him a smoking deal on the 4200 because the 4000 ended up being less than perfect.
And, well, Nate is a helluva nice guy. Lol

Thanks Shawn, I do appreciate it! And your 4900 is super nice too and tougher to find! You all are bunch nice fellas, I don't care what anyone says haha!

4900 is super nice too and tougher to find!

Thats the part I like finding and acquiring them. Check them out, get them running right stock, then get them into the right hands.

I just sent a saw to a guy that has been looking for one for 2 years he said. It had took me close to a year to find one myself. Only seen 2 so far on the websites.
I said to him I aint married to no chainsaws. Just tools to me, I dont collect tools and they all have a price. Well that puppy is in his hands right now and getting modded no less. Yep another woods ported 60cc poulan in another name. :eek:

I am not married to them they are my children, my wife and I named them
1df7f14f7b549345b44092d26b1e83e8.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

This 306A has been setting here too long. I had planed on doing a full resto on it but decided to just go through it and let it wear it's work cloths. Maybe put some new decals on it sometime and put a new covering on the front handle.

View attachment 464132 View attachment 464133

Holy cow! If your date stamp is correct, it has been sitting and waiting its turn on the bench and a little lovin. :D

Gregg,

Naw,, it ain't been here that long. LOL

I had the battery out of the camera and didn't feel like resetting the date on it right then.

This one has been in line over a year though. I had had the bow setup just setting here so decided to do a 306A to go along with the 245A bow saw I have.

LOL, I figured as much Mark. Heck, in 2003 I only had one saw....:eek: a 3400. In 2003, I probably wouldn't have known what a 306 was, let alone one equipped with a bow. ;) By the way, of all your great bow saws, which do you prefer to run with a bow setup? One of your gear drives maybe. I think its hard to beat a 5200 set up as a bow. Even as impressive as the Super 72 is.

Gregg,

Thanks guys. Yes Mark I have one here at work. I'll bring it on Friday and scan it and e-mail you a copy. Anyone else want a copy, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send one to you as well.
Nate i also would appreciate a copy for my 4200 please.

Back