Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I figured as much Mark. Heck, in 2003 I only had one saw....:eek: a 3400. In 2003, I probably wouldn't have known what a 306 was, let alone one equipped with a bow. ;) By the way, of all your great bow saws, which do you prefer to run with a bow setup? One of your gear drives maybe. I think its hard to beat a 5200 set up as a bow. Even as impressive as the Super 72 is.

Gregg,

I think my favorite bow saw is my 252. That 74cc gear drive really has some zing with it and is a lot lighter then the Super 72 although its hard to not enjoy the power of that thing. You can't stop it.

The 5200 is probably the best all around with a bow, power and light weight. A 245 dose ok with one.

I have not run the 306 with a bow yet, I doubt it will be a eye opener. 60cc is a bit on the light side to run a bow. I have a 361 with a bow and it is unimpressive to say the least.

I have yet to try a 4000 with one but figure it would do good. I can't remember if I ever tried a 3400 with a bow but I will say right now it won't have enough power to run one unless its small softwood.

I used my 245A bow the other day and was very impressed. The 4200 bow is a beast and the 3700 bow did not impress me I also have a 361 bow that I have not run

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Stephen, your probably right about the 3700. Hard to beat the torque of a reed valve motor in that size saw, and I'm figuring that the 306A is probably better suited to the bow then a 3700 would be.

I'm sure the 4200 would really run one well. 69cc, reed valve. The gear drives with big chain do even better.

:eek::eek:
I am not married to them they are my children, my wife and I named them
1df7f14f7b549345b44092d26b1e83e8.jpg

your wife named the saw with you:eek:!!!!!!!! dang you are one lucky dude then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Poulan friends, sitting in front of the fire with family

Thanks!! And back at ya, and everyone else too!

Its 58 degrees right now outside here. There is enough heat coming off the oven right now, we don't need a fire. LOL

Gregg,

Back