Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait til those big snowballs start rolling across your fields again...

Geez, I hope not Gary. Once in a lifetime was good enough for me! Very cold temps & high winds and me don't get along. And this is from someone who used to love to go ice fishing every chance he got. Not any more. Age changes your perspective on some things. :D

Snow006_zpsd39227df.jpg

Snow009_zps739692ea.jpg

Snow007_zps57cded79.jpg

Gregg,

Wow, that's a lot of gunk on the top of that piston. What causes that? My pistons are much cleaner than that.

I've seen that site. One of the listings is actually a store that sells bottled race gas I believe. I think I'll run ethanol fuel and fill up all my gas powered engines with non ethanol at the start of winter.
Likely the build up was from using a 25/1 mix. That was the recommended ratio back when they were selling these saws.

Likely the build up was from using a 25/1 mix. That was the recommended ratio back when they were selling these saws.
I think he always used like 16 to 1 poulan oil in the metal can that has tops that where on beer before I was born lol

Getting frustrated guys. Still can't stop my S25 cva oil pump from leaking when doing a pressure test. Added a bridge to the cover . The leak appears under the left side of the pump near the case. I even used some sealant and it still leaks. It doesn't seem to be leaking at the impulse opening but to the left near where the oil line attaches. I noticed a round hole on the bottom of the pump underneath the round sponge material . Is that where excess air from the impulse escapes the pump? Not sure what it does. Any ideas will be appreciated. Has to in the pump cause removing it and plugging the case impulse opening results in a passed pressure test. One other question. Does anyone think this leak would cause an idle issue?
Attached is a pic of the above mentioned opening circled in black

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    509.3 KB · Views: 9
Getting frustrated guys. Still can't stop my S25 cva oil pump from leaking when doing a pressure test. Added a bridge to the cover . The leak appears under the left side of the pump near the case. I even used some sealant and it still leaks. It doesn't seem to be leaking at the impulse opening but to the left near where the oil line attaches. I noticed a round hole on the bottom of the pump underneath the round sponge material . Is that where excess air from the impulse escapes the pump? Not sure what it does. Any ideas will be appreciated. Has to in the pump cause removing it and plugging the case impulse opening results in a passed pressure test. One other question. Does anyone think this leak would cause an idle issue?

Mark would know for sure Bob. Maybe shoot him a PM

I think you have another issue, either carb still or leak on the carburetor housing cover. I would check everything else one more time

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

The only comment I can make for the 3400 is that the air is pulled through a comb in the front of the AF cover. That air comes from the fan and exits at the spark plug. hole into the air filter cover. That air may be warmed as it does pass by the cylinder to some extent.
Not so for the 3700 cover which has no comb and pulls all the air from the outside.

Yes we have plug in block heaters for the east.

I hate to rain on your parade but it's +7 deg C here and +1 overnight. You are in ice and snow temps now. I think the coldest it's been overnight here is -4 C so far. I guess that would be a grand WTF.
Don't ask around the 2nd week of January.
Either its shown in the owners manual or ipl y'all guys sent me shows a winter air filter cover kit.

Steve

Just saw some on eBay, has alot of slotted vents on cover near rear handle, 530024976 is solid with no vents shown, summer cover. Winter kit number was 530069063. May have to check into that winter cover. Finally got to look at that new piston kit for my 3400 I got from lil red barn, after near a month from being out of work. Piston kit looks good. I don't see any flaws with the piston or rings.

Steve

Latest posts

Back