Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 3500 and the recoil recently broke the casing of the recoil cover so I swapped the flywheel and cover over from a 3450. I have not ran it yet. The flywheel is different as most of you probably know but seems to align the same with the coil as the coils are the same. Anyways do you guys think this saw will still run as it should set up like this? I am anxious to run it but living in town noise ordinance is 10pm and don't want to pi'' off the neighborhood.

I have a 3500 and the recoil recently broke the casing of the recoil cover so I swapped the flywheel and cover over from a 3450. I have not ran it yet. The flywheel is different as most of you probably know but seems to align the same with the coil as the coils are the same. Anyways do you guys think this saw will still run as it should set up like this? I am anxious to run it but living in town noise ordinance is 10pm and don't want to pi'' off the neighborhood.
the coils are the same but the flywheel has a different part number. Not sure if it will affect the timing.

the coils are the same but the flywheel has a different part number. Not sure if it will affect the timing.

I know the part #'s are different because the starter paws are completely different from the 3500 to the 3450. The timing looked exact on tdc with both saws. The 3450 flywheel is definitely different but I am hoping that it works.

So Frontier built the little Partner/Skilsaw branded saws similar in design to their F-35? Just acquired a little F-35 in remarkable shape and obviously noticed the similarity to a Partner 1612 I have....., in the same colors as my Skilsaw 1622 (Poulan Micro)) no less. Interesting.
Those "Easter Eggs" are all from the same manufacturer. I really don't know much about them other than the few that have come my way via other deals. I've a Frontier, Skil and Jonsereds (I believe) that are all the same. Two actually sort of run, but I haven't bothered with them. Here is a pic I took that I dug up from a chainsaw museum. I knew I had seen the Husky 22 somewhere.
DSC07319.JPG

I got a little Husky 35VR (Frontier with a brake) in nice shape with a saw I wanted. I fixed it up and it started, oiled and ran well. I also got a 3314 Poulan at the same time in fairly rough shape, the piston was scored a bit. It ate that little Husky in the cut. Both went down the road.

I got a little Husky 35VR (Frontier with a brake) in nice shape with a saw I wanted. I fixed it up and it started, oiled and ran well. I also got a 3314 Poulan at the same time in fairly rough shape, the piston was scored a bit. It ate that little Husky in the cut. Both went down the road.

I am going to have to start sending saws down the road as well. Plum out of room. Hard to recoup though. Seems I am the only nut around these parts buying old stuff.

edb204cd86c09f0498705cd19a9c8713.jpg

My filthy $50 3700 blows 145 cold. I'll take it!
It has a different starter pulley/pawl system than I've seen before. I'll get pics. Not the all plastic system of the earlier ones, but not the 4000 style either.

Need help to identify an old Oregon drum. The box has Poulan written on it. The box and drum have 10614 on them. I compared it to over a 100 sprockets today, and I don't have anything close. .595 bearing bore, 3.210 id, 3.359 od, 1.537 wide, .60 spline

10614 001.JPG 10614 002.JPG 10614 003.JPG 10614 004.JPG 10614 005.JPG

Tim and Echoshawn, I didn't know about the two pin pulleys. I only knew about how some of the 4000 series, and others, have metal pieces in lieu of plastic to engage the flywheel. I've not seen this type of setup before. Good information to know. Thanks, Max.
Before this saw, I didn't know about them either!

Okay guys. I found this Poulan Pro S25 DA at a yard sale a few years ago. The owner was wheelchair bound and had tried chainsaw carving. He didn't really enjoy it and decided to put this out that morning. I replaced the lines, filter, and went through the carb. It wouldn't hit until I checked the clearance between the coil and flywheel. It runs like a new saw, but CAN be finicky to start after it sits. I believe it's from the 1990's. Question: is the hook/metal loop on the rear
handle original to the saw or an add on? I applied the tape to preserve the paint. Thanks, Max.

Poulan Pro S25 DA 1.jpg Poulan Pro S25 DA 2.jpg Poulan Pro S25 DA 3.jpg

Attachments

• Poulan Pro S25 DA 3.jpg
    Poulan Pro S25 DA 3.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 25
Guys, I found this on CL in Charlotte NC a bunch of years ago. It' s a Poulan branded Dayton. This saw is fairly clean and my colleauge in the Charlotte/Shelby area picked it up for me. To me $20.00 was a steal, and I felt lucky. Question: Is this a Poulan 3700 or 3800? It does not have the slotted air filter cover. I've always wondered, thus the question. Thanks, Max.

Poulan Dayton Chainsaw Orange 1.jpg Poulan Dayton Chainsaw Orange 2.jpg

Okay guys. I found this Poulan Pro S25 DA at a yard sale a few years ago. The owner was wheelchair bound and had tried chainsaw carving. He didn't really enjoy it and decided to put this out that morning. I replaced the lines, filter, and went through the carb. It wouldn't hit until I checked the clearance between the coil and flywheel. It runs like a new saw, but CAN be finicky to start after it sits. I believe it's from the 1990's. Question: is the hook/metal loop on the rear
handle original to the saw or an add on? I applied the tape to preserve the paint. Thanks, Max.

They were listed as an option. I think the S23 arbor pro came with one from the factory. Not sure though

View attachment 484405 View attachment 484406 View attachment 484408

Guys, I found this on CL in Charlotte NC a bunch of years ago. It' s a Poulan branded Dayton. This saw is fairly clean and my colleauge in the Charlotte/Shelby area picked it up for me. To me $20.00 was a steal, and I felt lucky. Question: Is this a Poulan 3700 or 3800? It does not have the slotted air filter cover. I've always wondered, thus the question. Thanks, Max.

View attachment 484412 View attachment 484413

Pull the muffler cover and have a look.

If the rings are thick, 3800 or 3400

If they are thin, 3700

Here's a pic of the difference

thick ring thin ring.jpg

Latest posts

Back