Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S
I broke down and had a cad relapse. Please don't tell my wife. I was on ebay the other evening and made an impulse buy. Bought a 3500 poulan. Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-NICE-POULAN-3500-CHAINSAW-/262409013330?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=73KgiwgzyN5QM0oKi0211UGsecM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

How did I do? I would like to get a 20 inch bar for it. What bar mount do they use?

Should be a great saw!!!! Here is a link to a 20" bar & chain for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POULAN-PRO-...812730?hash=item5b2078d13a:g:7hsAAOSwRLZT4YWt

Gregg,

I broke down and had a cad relapse. Please don't tell my wife. I was on ebay the other evening and made an impulse buy. Bought a 3500 poulan. Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-NICE-POULAN-3500-CHAINSAW-/262409013330?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=73KgiwgzyN5QM0oKi0211UGsecM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

How did I do? I would like to get a 20 inch bar for it. What bar mount do they use?

I saw that on ebay and was watching it. It has a 3450 starter cover on it but no big deal. The rest of the saw looks like a 3500. They are good running saws and easy to work on. 60cc open quad port cylinder. They are easy to muffler mod and respond well. There are other options also if you want to hot rod it a little more or just keep it stock. I think the price you paid is pretty good for a 60cc saw. They also have a bullet proof oiler. It will work best with a 20" bar and will probably cut 90 percent of what you want.
Congrats on the saw.

I saw that on ebay and was watching it. It has a 3450 starter cover on it but no big deal. The rest of the saw looks like a 3500. They are good running saws and easy to work on. 60cc open quad port cylinder. They are easy to muffler mod and respond well. There are other options also if you want to hot rod it a little more or just keep it stock. I think the price you paid is pretty good for a 60cc saw. They also have a bullet proof oiler. It will work best with a 20" bar and will probably cut 90 percent of what you want.
Congrats on the saw.

Was watching that one as well . However I have too many 60cc class saws. I'd say the price was fair. Good luck

I had been thinking about acquiring a 60cc saw, but I was holding off for another month or two because money is a little tight right now and it's was more of a want than a need. Now I will have a nice 60cc in the lineup.

the 5200 countervibe w/ chainbrake i bought a few weeks ago has found a new home in WI. hope ya like it @Sty57.
View attachment 500980
I will Steve and Thanks again.
71ad70cf5c7b412425e5789e9fd422cc.jpg

64fb9f1f01ce258276b96dd3bf5e0795.jpg

Hope u guys are having better luck than I am. Last week blew up engine on my pressure washer. Yesterday started cutting grass, mower just stopped. I stated checking it out. Got almost no compression. Everything I own breaking down. I don't want to even touch one of my saws the way my luck is going.

Hope u guys are having better luck than I am. Last week blew up engine on my pressure washer. Yesterday started cutting grass, mower just stopped. I stated checking it out. Got almost no compression. Everything I own breaking down. I don't want to even touch one of my saws the way my luck is going.
just send them to me for safe keeping. i might even clean them before i send them back.:rolleyes:

I traded for a few saws of various states of disrepair/parts on Friday. A few Poulans in the mix. I stripped 3 down today and managed to put something together. PO had managed to Fubar something significant on each saw so they all had to come apart. Only had 1/8 x3/16" line for the vent. A wee bit loose so I sealed with Motoseal. Need the 0.211" line for the tighter friction fit.

Poulan 3000  1.jpg Poulan 3000  2.jpg Poulan 3000  4.jpg

What brand motor?

Steve

I traded for a few saws of various states of disrepair/parts on Friday. A few Poulans in the mix. I stripped 3 down today and managed to put something together. PO had managed to Fubar something significant on each saw so they all had to come apart. Only had 1/8 x3/16" line for the vent. A wee bit loose so I sealed with Motoseal. Need the 0.211" line for the tighter friction fit.

View attachment 501250 View attachment 501251 View attachment 501252
Don't think I remember seeing a red poulan. That's cool.

View attachment 501250 View attachment 501251 View attachment 501252

Very nice Cory, great looking saw! I like those Canadian colored ones with the chain brake.

Honda shoots fire out the muffler.
Ok here's the thing with the Kohler.went got a compression tester it's got 100 psi. Carb is clean. Got fire at plug. All down to a couple of safety switches that seem to check out OK and a fuel shut off made into the bowl on the carb. Valves? Pushrod?
Starting to think bent pushrod.

If you got spark, switches are good. Clean carb on Honda. Lek down tester better than compression tester to me. Tells me more than a compression tester, leaky valves, rings or cylinder gasket.

Steve

Latest posts

Back