Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,

Here is what us poor folks are gonna try using as a loader, unlike that beast you posted pic of. :D Gonna try and make one good one out of a couple of them. Probably use the one on the right. It has little larger dia. main lift cylinders. It has a nice single joystick also. Will see.. Should be able to carry a couple Poulan saws to the woods with that. ;)

loaders%20001_zpsqscichpb.jpg

loaders%20004_zpsao32hsee.jpg

loaders%20005_zpsmogfaw5t.jpg

Gregg,

Looks like a good sturdy loader. I'll bet you could get a few Poulans back to the woods with that. Maybe one MAC if you're going by weight.

You're a good fab up guy. I like the boom you rigged up.

Has anyone heard or talked with cbfarmall.

Well I have something that belongs to Chris so I will try and get a hold of him some other way.

Yep I miss those guys.

Mark and Chris are around a bit. Chris a bit on the Pioneer threads and Mark pops up here and there. I think I've only seen one post from Mike in a while and I think that was on piggy.

Having three forums that people have become split between because of all the BS over Christmas doesn't help.

Looks like a good sturdy loader. I'll bet you could get a few Poulans back to the woods with that. Maybe one MAC if you're going by weight.

You're a good fab up guy. I like the boom you rigged up.

Mark and Chris are around a bit. Chris a bit on the Pioneer threads and Mark pops up here and there. I think I've only seen one post from Mike in a while and I think that was on piggy.

Having three forums that people have become split between because of all the BS over Christmas doesn't help.

Thanks Tim.

Thanks Tim.
Life is so crazy. Every time I have a opertuneaty to start my mill build, 10 things happen that are more important than my mill. I guess I'll get to it when I get to it
Spun a rod bearing in my truck. Lawn mower won't start, got a lady wants some work done on her house.... So on and so on.

You're right Cory. Pressurized oil tanks are the gift that keeps giving after the party is over.
My Super two does have an impulse pump and the tank is vented via a duck bill that's pushed into a hole in the tank.
There's also a duckbill inside the tank on an oil vent line routed to the pump.
A little different than the Micros and they're no where near the power range of the micro.
Much lighter though.

Tim, there's no vent on the oil tank on those little POS saws (it's pressurized), you must be thinking about the fuel tank sitting right in front of it.

Checking back in with a 3800 progress report.......so......had and air leak.....won't hold pressure or vac...pulled the clutch....that flew about the shop...grrrr...very similar the the old Jonsereds clutch spring...I have a rig for that. Pulled the flywheel.....got all cleaned up around the seals and rotated it in the saw holder so that the crank was vertical and put a layer of motor oil over the seal thinking that if it held vac or blew bubbles I would have the problem located.....nope...not a lick of difference under vac and no bubbles under pressure......same results with the pto side up.....ok seal are good....got after the oil pump....reminded me of an Evinrude fuel pump.....diaphragm was good and I made two new gaskets for it. Sealed all the joints with a very thin coat of Hylo-mar and reassembled.....retested....nope no difference....went all over with soap and water and an acid brush.....couldn't make a bubble anywhere. So.....went after the intake......had to pull the jug in order to get at the screws that hold the isolation block to the cyl......took that all apart....no cracks....no bad intake gaskets...bolts were tight....had to make a new cyl base gasket as the original suffered badly on removal....cleaned the carbon off the piston crown and checked the ring end gap while I had it apart.....all good...had .006 or so....put it all back together using the old intake gaskets and new cyl gasket...again with a very frugal layer of Hylo-mar......holds both pressure and vac indefinitely now......never actually found a smoking gun but I guess it just wanted to have some love...all over.....ordered a few HDB carb kits so when they arrive it'll get new fuel line/filter......carb will go for a swim in the UC for a bit and I'll see if I can get this thing running. Pretty nice unit.....low hr...I'll get some pics when she is back together. This the first one of these I've worked on and it certainly would not have gone as quickly or smoothly without you guys help.....Thanks!!!

Yep, BTDT.

Clutch threaded off during deceleration. It took off across the shop in a hurry. One shoe took out 4, 8-foot fluorescent tubes directly overhead. One went out an open window and put a nice dent in the backside of my neighbour's garden shed. One really got away and launched out the door of the shop, ricocheted off of my utility trailer and whizzed out of sight. I gave up on it. My daughter found it for me a couple of weeks later about 75' away buried amongst some tomato plants.

I tried to check to see if anyone mentioned the deal in the link below, but I'm behind about six pages and the embedded images load very s-l-o-w-l-y on my computer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poulan-Pro-...617382?hash=item464dc74ba6:g:YVoAAOSw~oFXMPYj

The above ^ might not be a good deal for folks able to easily check for deals at TSC, Lowe's, etc. But they might worth it for someone out in the sticks willing to take a chance.

Looking forward to seeing it run Robin.

I think you may be the first Poulan fixer on here that exploded the clutch without running the saw (which is way more fun)
I tried to check to see if anyone mentioned the deal in the link below, but I'm behind about six pages and the embedded images load very s-l-o-w-l-y on my computer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poulan-Pro-...617382?hash=item464dc74ba6:g:YVoAAOSw~oFXMPYj

The above ^ might not be a good deal for folks able to easily check for deals at TSC, Lowe's, etc. But they might worth it for someone out in the sticks willing to take a chance.
Lol its lebowskis sawhe sent back.

Haven't had much time to wrench lately, but finally got back to the S25DA I got for my brother in law that I just couldn't get quite right. With Acornhill's suggestion, I swapped the clutch from my S25CVA and it seems to have fixed the issue and it runs good. I still have to do a cut or two with it after work to make sure, it was after midnight when I got done with it last night.

Latest posts

Back