Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is pretty dead in here lately. What are we working on lately? Anything on the bench?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Won't fit on the bench, but am in the process of gathering parts etc. To cobble up a front end loader, to mount on my tractor. Something an old man could have used years ago

Gregg.

View attachment 501850
2050 needs a primer bulb lines and filter
Super 2 leaking oil over time. works fine but don't put it away with oil in it
I don't have a Super 2 but I believe they are similar in design to the Micro series in which the tank is pressurized via a duckbill check valve connected to the crank case. If it is not drawing oil into the crank and is oiling when running it sounds like you may just be seeing residual tank pressure pushing oil after you shut it off. Check valve is likely working if it isn't smoking while running. I crack the caps on the Micros after to alleviate some of the after oiling symptoms. Storing the saw where there are fluctuations in temperature (hot garage or sun) will cause the oiler to up and work autonomously.

I could very well be wrong here. Just saying.

View attachment 501850
2050 needs a primer bulb lines and filter
Super 2 leaking oil over time. works fine but don't put it away with oil in it
Dad has my super 2 and my xl360 says he thinks the 2 is burnt up. Which I have trouble believing. And my 360 won't oil anymore. Almost worth the 800 mile round trip to Tn to get em. Take him this poulan I made out of spare parts.

You're right Cory. Pressurized oil tanks are the gift that keeps giving after the party is over.
My Super two does have an impulse pump and the tank is vented via a duck bill that's pushed into a hole in the tank. There's also a duckbill inside the tank on an oil vent line routed to the pump.
A little different than the Micros and they're no where near the power range of the micro.
Much lighter though.

Picked this up for $55 shipped. It runs
12567f9557fd72cf74201162f2a7aacb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Great score

You're right Cory. Pressurized oil tanks are the gift that keeps giving after the party is over.
My Super two does have an impulse pump and the tank is vented via a duck bill that's pushed into a hole in the tank. There's also a duckbill inside the tank on an oil vent line routed to the pump.
A little different than the Micros and they're no where bear the power range of the micro.
Much lighter though.

Yea, I have a Super which is similar and can't get it to oil at all. Maybe the oil cap is leaking thus not providing vacuum. Just don't have the patience right now to look at it.

Anyone else crazy enough to epoxy countertops? I've been refinishing countertops with tile clad epoxy from SW
Didn't think it would do well, but the ones from 2yr ago still holding strong. Ppl on here r doing a lot of remodeling. It's a cheap fix looks good holds up too.

Tim,

Here is what us poor folks are gonna try using as a loader, unlike that beast you posted pic of. :D Gonna try and make one good one out of a couple of them. Probably use the one on the right. It has little larger dia. main lift cylinders. It has a nice single joystick also. Will see.. Should be able to carry a couple Poulan saws to the woods with that. ;)

loaders%20001_zpsqscichpb.jpg

loaders%20004_zpsao32hsee.jpg

loaders%20005_zpsmogfaw5t.jpg

Gregg,

Actually that loader does not look that bad to me. Are going to run the pump from the front of the crankshaft and are missing some pieces that tie into the read end.
Actually that loader does not look that bad to me. Are going to run the pump from the front of the crankshaft and are missing some pieces that tie into the read end.

I think I have all the parts I need Roger. The better looking one came off a John Deere, the other off a Ford. Which is what this will be going on.

Won't be using a pump. Just plug into the tractor hydraulics. Will be slow no doubt. The Ford 5000 does not have a high volume pump. But then I'm pretty slow also these days, so we should get along just fine. lol

Latest posts

Back