Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got some chainsaw therapy this weekend! Went cutting with my father in law and brother in law Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Don't have any pics of us cutting, but we got a couple good loads of red fir. Used my Husqvarna 2100 in some big wood and my Poulan 4000. All I can say about both saws if WOW! I did take one pic of my 4000 when we got back to our place next to a bunch of red fir and cedar we took down last summer at the property.

20160528_180548_resized.jpg

Still working on my 245a project. Figured out why it's a "headbanger". Replacement piston I bought is listed on receipt as part #23253. But looks like this compared to my old one:

View attachment 505617

So, before I trouble the seller, does anyone know offhand where the mixup might be? Did he send me the wrong part, or is it possible that there's yet some other top end on this saw? I know it's not from a 306, 'cause it's definitely a 2" bore. Is there another saw in that series that has a 2" bore, but taller piston?

Thanks!

Are you completely sure its 2" bore? If it is I'm not certain its a Poulan piston.

That's the right part number, but the wrong piston. Are the wrist pin holes the same diameters? The old 91 & 92 were right at 2" bores too.

Who was the seller on that, and yes go ahead and trouble him some LOL!

There should be a Pine tree outline logo, or what also looks like an arrowhead cast inside it, IF it is a Poulan piston.

No a 91/92 are 2 1/6" bore not right at 2".

I'm heading to Ross's GTG in Grand Rapids MI again. I know Warped5 (Ted) will be there. Not too many old saw guys went last year but we had a great time.

I don't think anything else is going on for me within what I consider reasonable driving distance. Mark and Chris' GTG was 9 hours each way and worth it all the way.

I've had to sell a couple saws recently, not really cause I wanted to but cause I needed to. Sold a red Craftsman 3.7 last week and sadly shipping out my 3700 and my PP 655 BP today. Would have liked to try the 655 at least but oh well. Gonna hang onto the rest of the saws for now and still should be able to handle any trees I encounter haha! :) Here is my current lineup. Husky 2100 CD, Poulan 5200, 4200, 4000, 3400, 3000, S25CVA and Craftsman 3.7 thin ring, Modifiedmark verion mildly ported and muff modded. Still haven't cut with the 4200 or this 5200, so at least one of them will be going to the woods with me this weekend.

20160531_234422_resized.jpg

I've had to sell a couple saws recently, not really cause I wanted to but cause I needed to. Sold a red Craftsman 3.7 last week and sadly shipping out my 3700 and my PP 655 BP today. Would have liked to try the 655 at least but oh well. Gonna hang onto the rest of the saws for now and still should be able to handle any trees I encounter haha! :) Here is my current lineup. Husky 2100 CD, Poulan 5200, 4200, 4000, 3400, 3000, S25CVA and Craftsman 3.7 thin ring, Modifiedmark verion mildly ported and muff modded. Still haven't cut with the 4200 or this 5200, so at least one of them will be going to the woods with me this weekend.

View attachment 505972

Very nice !!! A true saw man, all super clean and lined up so nice!

Latest posts

Back