Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did as you told me and it's a runner Thanks .
Carb is a walbro 21-85 SDC low side 1 1/4 high side 2 1/2 thinking of a kit But may just look for a WJ
going to run it for now.
Thank you

2 1/2 on H seems very rich. There is a reason. I would be leery running at that without first going through the unit. Pressure and vacuum test. Rebuild the carb completely. New gaskets. There are numbers for aftermarket seals.

I would hate for anyone to burn up a machine like that. IMHO it is well worth the time and the few bucks.

I only swapped out the capillary check on the SDC after everything checked out, full kit, gaskets and so forth. That was the only thing left I could investigate.

I know this has been asked before but I'm looking for AM seals for a couple of 3400's I picked recently. The first one to get running changes idle speed in different positions. The man I bought these two from has a lumber mill bat as ghe said" He can't be doing with these crappy Poulan saws" The fist one I tried fired right up on new gas comp about 125psi piston looks great. The chain brake is broken so no chain adjuster but the one from the 2nd unit works fine. may just get a clutch cover for one of them.

I know this has been asked before but I'm looking for AM seals for a couple of 3400's I picked recently. The first one to get running changes idle speed in different positions. The man I bought these two from has a lumber mill bat as ghe said" He can't be doing with these crappy Poulan saws" The fist one I tried fired right up on new gas comp about 125psi piston looks great. The chain brake is broken so no chain adjuster but the one from the 2nd unit works fine. may just get a clutch cover for one of them.

When are you going to post pics of the recoil labels on the 3400's?

Here are the pics, pretty much as purchased. The one without the top cover is the only one fired up. Feels very strong. Shame about the chain brake, however it does have some good parts that I'll be able to use refreashing the other orange CB

Attachments

• MLNA0162.JPG
    MLNA0162.JPG
    646.5 KB · Views: 36
  • MLNA0163.JPG
    MLNA0163.JPG
    649.7 KB · Views: 31
Hey All,

Would anyone happen to have a handle grip for a S25DA? I just ordered fresh air filters and the screw for the handle that the head is snapped off and was wondering if anyone had this part so i could make the saw complete?

The Nationals (Timken) run a couple of thou larger in diameter and I find a PITA to get in. I prefer the 6119's

Having said that, installing cranks seals is not one of my strengths.
I use 6119's myself. I also took a trick from Mark and champhered the edges of the boss to ease installation.

Hey All,

Would anyone happen to have a handle grip for a S25DA? I just ordered fresh air filters and the screw for the handle that the head is snapped off and was wondering if anyone had this part so i could make the saw complete?
I have a couple parts saws. I'll check to see ifvI have one.

Look what finally roared to life this afternoon. New piston (yes, NOS!), cleaned up cylinder, new seals. Now just need to either deal w/ an ugly forester bar & remove a couple links fm chain, or find a more suitable looking bar.

Was really surprised at how well the paint did over 30+ years.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

d196 Homelite bars should fit with spacers as well? I haven't tried it on that series but am going off deduction. Two of my 3400's came with d196's and S-spacers instead of the d176 mounts. They work fine. Nice to have other options if you've some bars hanging around. A couple of coils cut from extension springs should shim out those larger mounts just fine.

Sharp looking saw.

Oh boy 205 2000 1800 136 361 super clean 2800 3300
7863228c1f29fe80ee47ab258f9b8122.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back