Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have met my match
981c38d17393cc11d2d94ff0f6e55bc8.jpg

Actually we used the 655 3ft bar and 525 2ft bar and got a good start on it today.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
It is 61" across. The 525 seems to rev higher than the 655. The 655 just had massive torque.

Looking at my spare Poulan 3000/ PP305 parts. Found an 8 tooth .325 rim sprocket. Think this is feasible for a 49cc saw or would a 7 tooth be more appropriate?

My experience is with 16", 18" and 20", 7 pin/0.325". 7 pin was stock on the Canadian 3000's. The saws pull and maintain speed well with those set-ups. 8 pin might be enjoyable for limbing/small stuff, but for all around performance, 7 pin and 16" for me.

Just picked up a Craftsman 2.1 on eBay. It's a Poulan micro with red paint, but I don't know if it has auto oiling. It has the manual oiler button, but does anyone know if it also oils automatically? Not running yet, I've got to put new fuel line and filter on it and go thru the carb.

Just picked up a Craftsman 2.1 on eBay. It's a Poulan micro with red paint, but I don't know if it has auto oiling. It has the manual oiler button, but does anyone know if it also oils automatically? Not running yet, I've got to put new fuel line and filter on it and go thru the carb.
Pics please

3400 rebuild kit for HDB carb, found that someone used the wrong circuit gasket when servicing the carb the last time. Saw started and idled great but fell on its face when throttled up. Will see what it does today after rebuild with correct parts.

Back