Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the baseline settings for the high and low speed jets on a 40cc wild thing type?
4086954a1d4dd3d166e291bfc8a86f31.jpg

I picked up a nice PP330 (again) anyhow the tank vent was missing leaking mix everywhere. Usually I just block it off and drill a hole in the top of the tank by the fuel line and stick some fuel line ine the hole with a set screw ran down in it a bit like the older stihls. After reading Brads post about his 084 leaning out and toasting his top end I figured I would try to use a piece of fuel line and a barb in it with a duckbill like the 3400-3700 have. Do you guys think this will be ok like this or will it give me a problem?

I have a few of the barbs Tim and it is already done and been fired up 10 minutes ago. So I should be good to go I take it?

I figure the vent you just put in is better than the sintered one gone missing. I've never had any issue with any of the duck bill vents on the 3400 - 4000 series or the 4200 and 5200 which eat fuel like it's free so I would say you have a better vent system and won't have any issues with it.

I figure the vent you just put in is better than the sintered one gone missing. I've never had any issue with any of the duck bill vents on the 3400 - 4000 series or the 4200 and 5200 which eat fuel like it's free so I would say you have a better vent system and won't have any issues with it.

Tim the vent on the 330 and such is the only complaint I have with this series of saws. These are my favorite series. The 60cc versions are great firewood saws. I run a couple with 24" skip tooth and can't complain at all. The damn vent though is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen poulan do besides selling out their American made company. Remove the handle, carb and what nots to change a dang vent....just not simple like I am used to with my favorite breed..

Tim the vent on the 330 and such is the only complaint I have with this series of saws. These are my favorite series. The 60cc versions are great firewood saws. I run a couple with 24" skip tooth and can't complain at all. The damn vent though is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen poulan do besides selling out their American made company. Remove the handle, carb and what nots to change a dang vent....just not simple like I am used to with my favorite breed..

I expect a lot of those things were cost savings. The saw market started to see growth in cheaper saws just like today where disposable stuff is the norm because it boosts sales.
I have a nice 3600 which is a pretty stout saw. I can't remember if the tank vent is a sintered plug or not. If it does, it hasn't leaked yet.

I have a 3500, 3600 and a 365 also and can't remember either. I don't think they have the same vent as the newer models. But honestly don't remember.

John oem on those behind the bronze vent deal, there is a duckbill too. It all falls out at same time.

We have a thread on it doing just like you did with duckbill through tank on top. Per Aaron in thread with pics.

The 3.3 I have right now come with that tpye tank too. Even though it is like the 335. I had noticed a type 2 tank listed in IPL and mentioned it in my 3.0 thread.

ipl 330 http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Poulan Pro 330.pdf

1 1/2 to 2 turns out from lightly seated. Kind of finicky when adjusting being strato charged but can be done. Open the muffler outlet some and it will run better.

Steve

Yes finicky!

I must have spent near an hour tweeking it to get it to run and accelerate proper.[emoji849]

Transition when the second butterfly opens is the main problem.

Latest posts

Back