Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got my 1636 Skil frankinsaw (S25DA) cleaned, painted, and assembled. fueled it up and tried to light it up. No joy. No spark on the grounded plug. Had spark when I got it 5 years ago and couple weeks ago although recent spark was unimpressive. Gonna do some checking for shorts but if that doesn't pan out I'll be looking for a electronic coil.

Here's what I have... I can't see how this is an automatic pump. Did someone stick an S25 starter on a regular, non-auto 25? .

From an old post way back in this Poulan sticky thread...

Modifiedmark said:
Do you mean a 25D compared to a S25DA? The DA means deluxe automatic.

A 25D is just a manual oiler. A 25 is 2.1 CI and a S25 means its 2.3 ci.

I hope this helps, I just come in and checked this board while getting my 45 auto to fix this 3400 that I can't get to start.

so how many screw hold the fuel tank/carb box/handle assembly to the cranckcase? I've counted three, all in the carb box, but it doesn't want to come loose. am I missing any or do I just need to use a BFH? thanks

BTW, congratulations on your new granddaughter. grandchildren are more fun than your own children cause when you get tired of them you can pass them on. just sayin

Love trading. :cool:
Echo guy got 3 vintage echos 702evl and 2 smaller ones and I got 3 craftsman poulans. pp375, 3.3, 3.7/ 3800. Win win. Echo guy very happy and I get stuff more to my liking.

Going to move the countervibes as I like the next series. So still trading or o_O

so how many screw hold the fuel tank/carb box/handle assembly to the cranckcase? I've counted three, all in the carb box, but it doesn't want to come loose. am I missing any or do I just need to use a BFH? thanks

BTW, congratulations on your new granddaughter. grandchildren are more fun than your own children cause when you get tired of them you can pass them on. just sayin

duh? my 306A. double duh

Latest posts

Back