Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand talking to a man who used to run a poulan dealer the saws with the plastic on off switch is actually the original design. They came out with the metal toggle after that, so if he's right the plastic kill switch saws are older.

The blue one is older than the red. 1/4" chain came on earlier ones like the blue. 3/8 lp on the later red one.

Going to unload the truck today to get pics of each. Noticed 2 had the cast iron like mufflers. Thick metal.

All 3 had the powersharp feature, even though the chains are long gone. 2 of the 3 missing the knob that sticks out of cover for PS.

Love the snowblower pull handle

-Efisher26-

That is the stihl 460 rescue handle. Been using and telling folks about them for years. $5 a piece at your dealers. Best D out there IMHO.

Copyofmoreonsaws007.jpg

I grabbed another load of Fir for the folks after work yesterday. I haven't run this 3400 in awhile. I managed to get a pile of SKF 6119, so I threw a set in for good measure. I had a 20" bar on it to start with. But, I managed to tap on a hidden rock. Swapped to an 18" to finish. Aside from operator error, both ran admirably.

Poulan 3400 3300 1.jpg

My neighbor found a few saws in his late father's barn and brought a few home for me to help him resurrect. Here's one of them. Appears to be in great shape but the throttle lockout on the top is completely gone. Assuming it's fine to run without but will just not have that safety feature? Are these pretty decent little saws?

IMG_5595.JPG

I my opinion the poulan 25 and super 25 were one of the best saws in its class ever made. I've got three myself. There miniature tanks. I would actually like to see a drag race between a well tuned super 25 and the ms200t everyone raves about.

My neighbor found a few saws in his late father's barn and brought a few home for me to help him resurrect. Here's one of them. Appears to be in great shape but the throttle lockout on the top is completely gone. Assuming it's fine to run without but will just not have that safety feature? Are these pretty decent little saws?

View attachment 530343

That square black button is the manual oiler button. No throttle lock on the 25's or the Micro's. Close the choke, squeeze the throttle and pull the cord.

They are little power houses.

Is the button just missing or is there a plug in its place? AFAIK they were all automatic, most came manual override. Some were just auto only

Well, I'm at wits end with my S25da's. I have two of my 5 I thought I'd test run. Well I can't keep a decent idle. Did a pressure test and sure enough there is a leak. Far as I can tell it's behind the oil pump. I know there is an impulse hole in the case that drives the pump, however there doesn't seem to be any air bubbles visible. Any thoughts? Saw s run great but I find the idle issue a nuisance.

Is the button just missing or is there a plug in its place? AFAIK they were all automatic, most came manual override. Some were just auto only
Button is missing. It came with a rod that's disconnected.

This is going to be an occasional runner at most so if it's auto that's good enough for us.

As a matter of fact I have the parts you need on a super 25av should be the same as a hard tail.

Latest posts

Back