Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have a lead on something......I haven't gotten enough info or pics yet to tell what it is yet. LOL

I do have 2 others 3450 I have torn down. been robbing from instead of building. One needed seals and tank vent, other needed crank bearings and seals plus piston.
330 crankcase like new needing seal and worm gear. Just a crankcase and etc attached to it.

I think you can see them behind this saw on bench. If your into DIY projects.

p3450xtomanytocountnow 006.JPG p3450xtomanytocountnow 004.JPG p3450xtomanytocountnow 002.JPG

What is the difference between the 3500, 3600, 3450 & 3475? From looking at the IPLs they all look like mostly the same saws.

35 36 60cc small carb intake and air filter shorter covers, 34 37 54cc 60cc big carb intake air filter taller covers

Poulan board with each model broke down with info http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/

I do have 2 others 3450 I have torn down. been robbing from instead of building. One needed seals and tank vent, other needed crank bearings and seals plus piston.
330 crankcase like new needing seal and worm gear. Just a crankcase and etc attached to it.

I think you can see them behind this saw on bench. If your into DIY projects.

View attachment 533339 View attachment 533340 View attachment 533341
I'll keep'ya in mind if the other ones I found don't pan out.

Projects are right up my alley.....that's the only way I buy anything most of the time. LOL

Thanks! Honestly, I'm not sure what mount it is. I got it a while back and it's the same bar that was on the 5200, I don't have multiple. I need to get another 24"-28" bar and chain for my 5200 as well.
Thanks! Honestly, I'm not sure what mount it is. I got it a while back and it's the same bar that was on the 5200, I don't have multiple. I need to get another 24"-28" bar and chain for my 5200 as well.

5200 and 5200 use the Oregon D176 , same s the smaller Counter vibes. Echos also use the same mount. Older ones that is like the 452 and 660.

Had to put seals in this today, I think some fine vines got tangled around crankshaft and messed up the driveside seal. Runs good now.
2c6e91fadc7ea56a3c978727a12a98d0.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

20161025_181054.jpg gonna build a somewhat racer. Went down to a 16" bar, got 8 pin rim coming. Already worked over the muffler. Just gotta track down an unlimited coil

Whats the deal with unlimited coils? Can they blow up a saw if revved too much?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

View attachment 533412 gonna build a somewhat racer. Went down to a 16" bar, got 8 pin rim coming. Already worked over the muffler. Just gotta track down an unlimited coil

Thats not going to make it a race saw just a stock play saw. I run 16" all the way up to a 122cc saws. Got to get into porting etc to go faster. If your into that sort of stuff.

I am but ive never messed with porting a saw engine i dont know how. Im just doing what a poor boy can do to make it a little better, maybe win some money from the guys with a 460 lol.

I know when building a v8 or other 4 cycle engines. You can absolutely ruin an engine by making intake and exhaust ports too big. I dont know if that rule applies to chainsaws too

I know dad and i can build a hellish single cylinder k block kohler engine for our 1/4 scale pulling tractors using all "stock" parts and spank some pro built high dollar engines. But thats not a chainsaw i know

I know dad and i can build a hellish single cylinder k block kohler engine for our 1/4 scale pulling tractors using all "stock" parts and spank some pro built high dollar engines. But thats not a chainsaw i know

Need you to build me a 1/4 scale sprint car. Me and my son been talking about those.

Gas work saw ported 75cc but I used to race it against alky nitro saws. best I ever did against alky saws was like 8th. Took lot of 1st in gas classes. 16" 8T

Need you to build me a 1/4 scale sprint car. Me and my son been talking about those.

YouTube quarter scale pulling tractors. Even have some 3cyl yanmar diesel ones wicked little beasts. We built "stock" ones. We never cheated. But we read the rules for what isnt there. Some of the k block kohlers can squeeze 75 horse from a 16 horse block @about 7500 rpm

Back