Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know i asked this before but what chainsaw has the unlimited coil i need for a poulan pro 475 im actually wanting to get one

Are there unlimited coils for the 3.7's?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

I used the Dayton 401A to cut a tree down over the weekend, it performed great and vibrated my hands and ears off.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Speaking of Dayton, is this worth it?
https://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/5836545779.html

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Yours is already unlimited. some of the poulan pro 475 had a green coil actually green in color they were limited to 10k. Nobody really know why they did it i guess to save pistons if someone ran it lean, its commonplace to switch it with a black coil and retune

I have that exact same saw. That one looks in real nice shape like stated start at 30. id give 40 if it were me. If it has points they can be converted on those quickly for about 20 bucks with a bug.

I have zero interest in it besides $, what's it worth in working order? Anyone know?

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Lol, that came out wrong, I love every saw, just no in keeping this specific one.

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

There is a green and orange one local to me for $80 for both. Like he said zero interest in these myself.

@Boomer 87

Guy that was working with poulan during the 475 era told me why they supposedly did the low coils in 475. Weak pto side bearing set up. Reason for the update to 425 445 505 saws. ;)

I have one other saw, a JD 55v that I cannot find a coil for. I work out of a shed and have 3 saws, too many tools and 5 snow blowers. I can't take stuff home all Willy nilly.... ;0)

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Latest posts

Back