Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes on the 4900 and the 306. You would need spacers for the studs on the 306 and maybe on the 4900. The 4900 had both 5/16" and 3/8" bar studs.

The 5/16" studs require an "S" clip or just use a 3/8" extension spring and cut a few coils off and use that. Ipt a little bend in the leg of the coi wire so the spacers don't fall off when you take the bar off

The UXL bars have a 3/8" slot. The 475 takes a D009 mount so the UXL would likely fit up OK but maybe the guys with that series could verify.

Just about all the 3400 - 4000 and 4200 - 8500 saws came with Windsor UXL bars in Canada. Great bars. They fit most of the 1970 and '80's Homelites as well.

This is what I thought but its been a while. I still have the s clips and springs laying around. The D009 fits the 306 and 4900 also. Just was trying to remember about the uxl.
Thanks, Tim for refreshing my memory!!

Hi John,

I sent you a PM with the fuel filter info on Saturday.

I got it Tim and thank you!. Now I am remembering the uxl was on a bunch of the 245-306 saws I've had as original bars. I used to buy them poulan branded uxl bars up on ebay and they would come with the s clips, thats where most of these clips and springs I have came from...back when the poulans were plentiful and cheap on the bay. All of my old 5200's and such were well under 200.00 10 yrs ago. And the only saws close to 300.00 were my 8500 that was straight gassed new and my 655's. All of this was before I found AS and this dang poulan thread was started and drove the prices out the roof lol. Anyhow what I was really curious about was the uxl bolting on the 475 and such. My memory just is no good anymore with this saw stuff.

I got it Tim and thank you!. Now I am remembering the uxl was on a bunch of the 245-306 saws I've had as original bars. I used to buy them poulan branded uxl bars up on ebay and they would come with the s clips, thats where most of these clips and springs I have came from...back when the poulans were plentiful and cheap on the bay. All of my old 5200's and such were well under 200.00 10 yrs ago. And the only saws close to 300.00 were my 8500 that was straight gassed new and my 655's. All of this was before I found AS and this dang poulan thread was started and drove the prices out the roof lol. Anyhow what I was really curious about was the uxl bolting on the 475 and such. My memory just is no good anymore with this saw stuff.

My memory is no good with any stuff. It embarasses me frequently. I guess, what the hell, I can still find my way home.

My memory is no good with any stuff. It embarasses me frequently. I guess, what the hell, I can still find my way home.

I am hoping once I get a little older, the last two of my five children are grown and this circus slows down with all the sports college and running. I may be able to actually sit down have a beer or four and write some of this saw knowledge down lol.

I picked up a Poulan 3300 chainsaw on the scrap yard today. The compression checked to be about 130 psi and it has good spark. I am going to try to get it running but first I'm going to watch for a parts saw to get a top cover. What models of saw have a compatible top cover? Is the compression okay on this saw. Most of my good runners check around 150. Are air filters expensive for this saw? Thanks
1c06410bdf486747f3367ad98d3b6da0.jpg
9ba70742c8e99095659912e8b6914658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a Poulan 3300 chainsaw on the scrap yard today. The compression checked to be about 130 psi and it has good spark. I am going to try to get it running but first I'm going to watch for a parts saw to get a top cover. What models of saw have a compatible top cover? Is the compression okay on this saw. Most of my good runners check around 150. Are air filters expensive for this saw? Thanks
1c06410bdf486747f3367ad98d3b6da0.jpg
9ba70742c8e99095659912e8b6914658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice peppy saws

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

130 should be good to run and cut

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl
Husqvarna 36

Ok I am in the 3700 carb. Have it all the way down to the little tiny, itsy bitty check valve screen. Is the check valve the black piece under the screen? So farging many tiny parts. I will spray it out with carb cleaner but I may not soak this one. I am afraid of melting something unseen. Anything I should know while I am in the carb?

Latest posts

Back