Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a buy it now price, theres no bids or offer yet

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Duh! :eek:

That's why I stated that it's "sailing", he'll never get a bid like that...

This guy showed up yesterday from the Guido. A happy new edition to the family. Had it running briefly. Gonna need a carb kit. Anyone know off hand what size fuel lines on these guys? Also one of the bar studs is a little rough. Anyone got a source for one?

Attachments

• IMG_20170121_131052837.jpg
    IMG_20170121_131052837.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20170121_131136164.jpg
    IMG_20170121_131136164.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20170121_131159798.jpg
    IMG_20170121_131159798.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
Some times its just worth having the OEM tools. Worm gear pullers is one of those in my book.

I had run into dead ends with all my USA dealer contacts last year when tool was NLA here. So I spread my wings out to folks abroad and a member on my site from Finland located 18 left in Sweden in their stock.

= Happy Camper

Used it today and easy peasy

wormgear475 002.JPG wormgear475 004.JPG

All boxed up today and ready to ship next week.

I had that saw for 6 years or so, so be gentle with her :p. She aint used to those **** your pants moments you enjoy :eek:;):D:rolleyes:.

Thanks man! I'll take good care of her. I don't want to see anymore chitty pants moments either!

Found a 2nd NOS 380 3750 cylinder and piston kit.
Hate paying dealer retail for them but figure since they are NLA. Plus I used my last used one awhile back on a 3450 build that a member here bought from me.
If you price a new 60cc saw these days :envy: I guess I could look at it as getting off cheap. :D

So this week was 415, 3450 60cc t3, 2 nos topends.

Next time i start looking at another little poulan, someone needs to kick me in the but and remind me I have enough to work on for a while. My brother currently has my dads s25da that i fixed up last year. That is the only one not pictured. The cva on the end far is the one from Guido, I am gonna do carb kit and fuel lines on that one next. The micro and the lil jon I have cut wood with but it has been a couple years. The rest are all unknown i need to go through and see whats what.
poulan crazy.jpg

Next time i start looking at another little poulan, someone needs to kick me in the but and remind me I have enough to work on for a while. My brother currently has my dads s25da that i fixed up last year. That is the only one not pictured. The cva on the end far is the one from Guido, I am gonna do carb kit and fuel lines on that one next. The micro and the lil jon I have cut wood with but it has been a couple years. The rest are all unknown i need to go through and see whats what.
View attachment 552992

Trade you 4 more. ;) :lol::innocent::laugh::laughing:

2 CVA 1 red 1 orange, 1 S25da in blue, 1 2.1 yellow. 3 run, 1 just got on shelf.

I would rather have rear handle saws to sell to homeowners local. Dont care if they are 220 260 etc.

craftsmansx3 003.JPG craftsmansx3 008.JPG craftsmansx3 019.JPG pwizard316av.jpg

that aint half bad. My local Sthil/Echo dealer says he has a friend who might be able to weld it. Ill drop it off MOnday. Still have the issue though of ending up with threads not as deep as the other side due to that dang busted bolt still in the cylinder

You could always try to take a Dremel or die grinder and a stone with a pointed end to the broken bolt so you can get a decent surface on the end of the broken bolt and drill a small hole and use a small EZ out to get it out and then have the guy weld it up and re-drill and tap.

Latest posts

Back