Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would file marks into the threaded end of the stud to "index" it. That will give you a method to "clock" the 4 flats of the head correcttly. If clocked wrong, it won't pull up all the way or it may break the tabs cast into the case half.
View attachment 555528
good thought. Presume some sort sealant is required. Like JB Weld or such. Wonder if Dirko or a similar sealant would suffice.

good thought. Presume some sort sealant is required. Like JB Weld or such. Wonder if Dirko or a similar sealant would suffice.
I would use whatever you have handy. It looks like epoxy was used from the factory. I wouldn't give it much thought. If it leaks, it will be a slow seep right onto the bar and chain. Every one of my Poulan 3400-4000 leaves a oil spot when setting.
BTW I have 3-5 3400, 3700, 3800's to sell off in the near future, maybe a 4000. If anyone is looking...

I would use whatever you have handy. It looks like epoxy was used from the factory. I wouldn't give it much thought. If it leaks, it will be a slow seep right onto the bar and chain. Every one of my Poulan 3400-4000 leaves a oil spot when setting.
BTW I have 3-5 3400, 3700, 3800's to sell off in the near future, maybe a 4000. If anyone is looking...
Good luck with your sales. I've ended up with several similar saws. Even had Randy port my 4000. Great running saw.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Picked up a real nice 330 pro. I seem to have a fuel leak coming from under the intake boot in the fuel tank. Im thinking a tank seam is leaking. You think i can remove the tank/ handle and jb weld it shut or should i look for a new tank assembly? Also will any other saw besides the 330s tank work?

Picked up a real nice 330 pro. I seem to have a fuel leak coming from under the intake boot in the fuel tank. Im thinking a tank seam is leaking. You think i can remove the tank/ handle and jb weld it shut or should i look for a new tank assembly? Also will any other saw besides the 330s tank work?
I saw a 330 tank on eBay the other day. I think a 380 tank should work as well.

could be the tank vent which is up on the side near there. You have to pull the tank off to get to it then remove the bronze filter over it to replace the duckbill.

Ok i was really hoping there was a vent there it leaks when you turn the saw bar pointing towards the ground then soon fuel runs out from under the muffler.

could be the tank vent which is up on the side near there. You have to pull the tank off to get to it then remove the bronze filter over it to replace the duckbill.
The one on my 365 is on the left side, the 330 obviously has a different tank on it

might wanna 4000. exchange & ship from us usually kill em for me. lookin for anything? in trade...

Not really, if your 365 has the vent on the side, and not on top by the fuel line, it's a later "type" and is the same as the 330 tank, far as I know

I know you cant see any tank vent on my 330 anywhere, so it must be hidden where you say.

Not really, if your 365 has the vent on the side, and not on top by the fuel line, it's a later "type" and is the same as the 330 tank, far as I know
Well, I'm not sure what I have then, it comes out of the top of the tank on the left side and you can see it and change it without taking anything apart. I'll have to try to take a picture of it tonight I guess, just so I could Remember

This is a 4000 I picked up, after taking the oiler cover off
5aa9dc774af75de0f355c9b8587994f7.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I had one just do that. Couldnt get the leak stopped after 2 tries. So I slid another tank on her.

99% of the time it is just the brass tank vent and duckbill fell out left side of tank.

Latest posts

Back