Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a bare bore or a chrome bore saw? How many cc's is it? Thanks
13d370a0fdc586c3afe4c862182ba82b.jpg
4f57f443306e84fe62e5fb91edee070e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll likely get confirmation or not but I bought this on a local online auction.
It looks to be in nice shape and I'm hoping that's a chain brake hanging off the far side. It might well be a hand guard though. I have an S25DA and have been looking for a Countervibe version close by.

25.JPG

Wish me luck

If I get it, I'm open to offers on the hedge trimmer behind it. It should last a long time as it is missing the cutters.

Planing on it, got my 3400 stripped down on the work bench also to do a full restored. Just got to order another piston and cylinder for it.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Oh boy, you can get 3700 still from dealer and 3800 not 3400.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

White death in the tank, I blew out chucks of the stuff last night. Guess I'll sit it on the shelf till I get the parts to fixed it up. Poured a little fuel mix in the carb and she fired up so that's a plus. No hurry in getting it going, just glad I have one.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I'll likely get confirmation or not but I bought this on a local online auction.
It looks to be in nice shape and I'm hoping that's a chain brake hanging off the far side. It might well be a hand guard though. I have an S25DA and have been looking for a Countervibe version close by.

View attachment 579907

Wish me luck

If I get it, I'm open to offers on the hedge trimmer behind it. It should last a long time as it is missing the cutters.

Do you think that's a chain brake on the saw? Well, we'll never know. It seems like everything I did this past week turned to shite.

I thought at least I was picking up a saw I wanted that I won in an on line auction.
Hell, I went down to pick it up and the lot was no where to be found.

Really frackin pizzed off now.

I guess either the person the auction was being held for or some dumb shite Maxsold dork let someone walk off with it. FRACKING WANKERS!

New guy here, I hope I'm posting in the right place. I lurked a while to do some research and I'm glad I did. There is a ton of great info on this site I'm grateful for.
Wife and I just bought an acreage that hasn't been maintained for many years. I needed a couple of chainsaws but money was tight. I picked up a couple of factory refubs and couldn't be happier. The PP4218A was badly out of tune when I received it but after a carb adjustment runs very good. I have since done a muffler mod and retuned. It really woke the saw up, it pulls the 18" S62 chain very well. I have 5 tanks of fuel through it and it starts very easily, hot or cold.
The PL3314 also needed a prelim tune and runs good. It is going to get a muffler mod also with an S52 chain as the original doesn't have a lot of cutting teeth on it. Other than a quick test cut it is still like new.
The best part of it all is I have under $140 in both saws.

Here is a pic of them both on logs I cut with the PP4218A
norm_pp4218apl3314.jpg

New guy here, I hope I'm posting in the right place. I lurked a while to do some research and I'm glad I did. There is a ton of great info on this site I'm grateful for.
Wife and I just bought an acreage that hasn't been maintained for many years. I needed a couple of chainsaws but money was tight. I picked up a couple of factory refubs and couldn't be happier. The PP4218A was badly out of tune when I received it but after a carb adjustment runs very good. I have since done a muffler mod and retuned. It really woke the saw up, it pulls the 18" S62 chain very well. I have 5 tanks of fuel through it and it starts very easily, hot or cold.
The PL3314 also needed a prelim tune and runs good. It is going to get a muffler mod also with an S52 chain as the original doesn't have a lot of cutting teeth on it. Other than a quick test cut it is still like new.
The best part of it all is I have under $140 in both saws.

Here is a pic of them both on logs I cut with the PP4218A
norm_pp4218apl3314.jpg
Welcome to the Site. There's a lot of info here from some very knowledgable folks.

Latest posts

Back