Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be a Poulan 2300. I don't have one but others here seem to like them. If I'm correct it superseded the venerable S25CVA, which I feel is an outstanding saw. I'm sure someone will chime in.
Bob

The 2300CVA was out in the early 80's and it never did or was intented to supercede the S25 series. In fact the 25's were made into Poulan Pros and were produced way into the 90's

I have a couple of the 2.3 Poulans but haven't used them enough to tell how good they are, but you sure are correct on the 25s.

See above.

No problem, Telemaster. Just poking some fun at our unofficial Mod, Mark. Whoa! Just realized what the "Mod" in his user name really stands for. What an awakening! Always thought it was because he used to run modified race cars. :hmm3grin2orange:

Bottom line on the mix ratio is, after you read all the tons of info on this forum about the various mixes and ratios, your saw, you paid for it and can hang your mailbox on it if you want to. We all make our decisions based on all the input as to what to run. I left out this part in my original thread: I run what the manufacturer specifies in all my new saws. It that's 50:1, that's what I run. But as Gregg brushed on in his answer, there is a convenience factor in a heavier oil mix when you're using it in other equipment like blowers and string trimmers. Most important thing is to run good full synthetic oil mixed with fresh gas and pour it into your vehicle after a few weeks. I personally keep it for 6-8 weeks. Just my 2 cents.

OK, Mark. I think I'm done. Please don't call Gary. LOL

I gotcha! :hmm3grin2orange:

The 2300CVA was out in the early 80's and it never did or was intented to supercede the S25 series. In fact the 25's were made into Poulan Pros and were produced way into the 90's

I really need to fix the air leak in mine...:chainsaw:

I happened to pick up the chain and bar that came on my 4200 from the top of my workbench and looked at the chain. It is very sharp but it is almost completely used up, there is just a little triangle of each tooth left.

I compared it to the new 3/8 full chisel Lazer chain and Carolton bar that I had installed and I did a double take. The chain that came on my saw is .325

The bar was an aftermarket solid nose bar.

Is that even possible? Did Poulan make a clutch drum/sprocket that fits this saw and uses a .325 chain or does the same sprocket fit both sizes.:confused:

Yes you could put a .325 rim on the rim and drum setup. You would have to use the 9 tooth rim on it though.

The 306SA used the same drum and it came with a .325x9.

By the way, thats a wonderfull 4200 you got there!

A couple more relabled saws

Made a little swap with Randy Mac and got a nice little Ridgid 305-14 in the mail the other day. Thanks Randy :yourock:

This is actually a Poulan 20D. It has probably been 25 years or better since I was into a model 20, but I'm going to dig into it pretty soon. Looks to be in pretty good shape so I'm sure it will run again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The other saw is another Aldens! This one is a Poulan 361 based saw. It also looks to be in great shape, its got good compression and spark, but I see the fuel line in the tank is gone. I'm betting that it will run with just the fuel line repair.

I still cannot find any info on these Aldens saws as to how many models were made for them and which ones. I know they done two anyway! :clap:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I love it!!!!

I love that rigid saw LMAO i made the switch from my tools to ridgid i still have dewalts that wont die but you cant beat ridgids warranty on there tools anyways i have got to find me one of those lil saws im betting they are hard to come buy? how many have you seen mark?

Last edited:
lmao

so i googled it this was the first saw i find in another fourm but the guy that posted the pics name was mark LOL wonder who that could be LOL hmmmmm it would not let me upload it?????? ********************************/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=13063 this the link i think

Last edited:
I love that rigid saw LMAO i made the switch from my tools to ridgid i still have dewals that wont die but you cant beat ridgids warrenty on there tools anyways i have got to find me one of those lil saws im betting they are hard to come buy? how many have you seen mark?

Besides the Ridigid 590 that I have, I have only seen one other one of them.

This little one is the only one of them that I have ever seen.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Ridgid 690-21AV as that is a Poulan 4200.

hot dam

i will have lil ridgid /poulan saws in my dreams tonite LOL nite ya all good luck mark! and keep us posted on that awsome lil saw and the rest to!nite ya all!

I bought one for fifty bucks at a estate sell.This saw is great.

You done real good on that purchase:clap: Couple members here have a 375, same as the 3700 61cc. I think they both used the taller style air cleaner on both the 375 & 395. They were the last of the old style Poulans, in late 80's early 90's, not sure exactly. Should be a real nice saw. I have a couple 4000's.
Great saws that will handle a 20" or 24" bar with no problem. Good luck with it.:)
:cheers:
Gregg,

See above.

Regardless of which came first or superceded which, I'm hanging on to the 25 series saws that I have..they are great for cutting wood. I have 2 Craftsman versions and 1 Poulan XXV and I think I'll keep all 3. I have some newer plastic ones and they're probably gonna be for sale in the future.

I acquired a 395 awhile back but it's kinda rough looking. It's on the list to be worked on. Really needs paint and decals. Have had no luck matching the paint so far. Anyone have a paint code for the Poulan Pro yellow? Thanks to Gregg, who made a set of decals for my 375, all I need to do is change the 7 to a 9 on the digital files and print them out. Gregg, :yourock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back