Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one my dad said they use to used.
4e3bd83f5cdd145e2562a6a482f14628.jpg

Steve

I once had a Henry Disston Model 43 combination saw, 1856 but passed it on to a collector that had been looking for one for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that's 3 on here ive noticed with an orange 4000. how rare are they? I google image search them and Tim's one pops up and thats about it. Did all the orange 4000s have chain brakes? And what about orange 3400s and 3700s? I haven't seen any.

There are orange 3400's and 3700's. The 4000's are rare around me but the Poulan distributor said many were sold.
There was an orange 3400 for sale recently around here.

All I have seen have chain brakes.

There was an orange and black 8500 as well. I've only seen a pic of it. A member from western Canada's FIL owned it.

There are orange 3400's and 3700's. The 4000's are rare around me but the Poulan distributor said many were sold.
There was an orange 3400 for sale recently around here.

All I have seen have chain brakes.

There was an orange and black 8500 as well. I've only seen a pic of it. A member from western Canada's FIL owned it.

Ok so not extremely rare. How big was this company? Why are parts so scarce? were they produced in big numbers (poulan's in general) I thought they were the same as mac but mac parts are far easyer to find. Hell I can get lombard parts easyer.

My two cents, millions of the 1978- 1990 saws were built, most of the parts have been thrown away by the dealers, I could only imagine how many 3400 variants were made. I own a bit of the NOS parts . We live in a disposable society, most got junked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back