Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bob, I would be interested in the 19779 drum, sprocket, and clutch. I would also be interested in what you find regarding the Micro.

I was able to find a few 3/8-7-9 sprockets on eBay and have them on the way. I would like to add the 1/4-8-9 sprocket for my chain & sprocket display.

With Tim's assistance I will go looking for another 28004 drum to compliment the grey one.

Thanks guys.

Mark
Let me see on the micro and we'll get stuff headed your way.

As long as all of you are giving answers to questions. Is the air filter for the 306a and 245a the same and interchangeable. Asking for me.

You know I dont know these well. But 530023046 comes back to both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363864806725
New shirt I had to get to wear to Sawfest this weekend. Like somone said on CR FB group. Need to add a S to chainsaw. :laughing:

cshirt.jpg :cheers:

Thanks Bob - perhaps we'll skip that one. I do see the 28004 number on the drum so I have a better idea what to look for. I will assume that Oregon 28004 = Poulan 48032?

Mark
Understand. Sorry it was shot!
If you want the other, pm me and we'll get the ball rolling. I would want to make sure I send exactly which part(s) you wanted.

Well once I had my hands on that micro I couldn't help but wander if if could be saved.....
Hope to send some post degreaser pics after lunch .
I know it is missing an air filter and filter cover. Seems complete otherwise. I'll see if it wants to run first and start looking for those if it does.
It's been a little saw week I guess. First the 170 now this one.
IMG_20221013_090953022.jpg

@bob kern I got tons of micros thrown on shelf's. So if you get it running then run it by me the parts needed.

The air filters can be bought new for 3 bucks.

Think I have air filter covers in black, red, green.

Pic of last few I threw up on the shelf. So many more apart in bins before these.

p2000avvv.jpg
pmicros.jpg

PP305 Question: Quit running like it was out of fuel. Had fuel, but I filled the tank, still no start. Has good compression. Today I dumped the gas and checked the fuel line. I had replaced it a couple months ago. It looks fine, and has a filter on the end. Checked spark to plug, and has spark. Pulled the plug, and tested spark at the plug. The plug sparks. Put in a new plug, still no start. Choke works. I am not familiar with this particular type PP. Where would you guys go next to determine the problem?

The rest of the story:
I have not run this saw since I inherited it maybe 15 yrs ago. Had 22 mature trees blow down over winter. Only God know how many immature trees they took down with them. Been trying to work them up as time permits. My dad bought this saw to let the yahoos he hired trim trees and cut firewood. The last two were dumber than rocks. Dumber than dumb and dumber. I called them dumber and dumbest. Alcoholic druggies... The PPs managed to survive them. Anyway when I got this saw and the PP220, I dumped the gas and put them away until I needed them for something. That was 2008. This spring, I pulled this one out, replaced the fuel line, put in gas and oil and it fired up and ran like a champ. Until a few days ago.

Thanks in advance!

PP305 Question: Quit running like it was out of fuel. Had fuel, but I filled the tank, still no start. Has good compression. Today I dumped the gas and checked the fuel line. I had replaced it a couple months ago. It looks fine, and has a filter on the end. Checked spark to plug, and has spark. Pulled the plug, and tested spark at the plug. The plug sparks. Put in a new plug, still no start. Choke works. I am not familiar with this particular type PP. Where would you guys go next to determine the problem?

The rest of the story:
I have not run this saw since I inherited it maybe 15 yrs ago. Had 22 mature trees blow down over winter. Only God know how many immature trees they took down with them. Been trying to work them up as time permits. My dad bought this saw to let the yahoos he hired trim trees and cut firewood. The last two were dumber than rocks. Dumber than dumb and dumber. I called them dumber and dumbest. Alcoholic druggies... The PPs managed to survive them. Anyway when I got this saw and the PP220, I dumped the gas and put them away until I needed them for something. That was 2008. This spring, I pulled this one out, replaced the fuel line, put in gas and oil and it fired up and ran like a champ. Until a few days ago.

Thanks in advance!
I would be taking the carb apart to make sure the diaphragms are in decent condition. A little hole or crack in either one will stop it cold.

Make sure that the inlet screen isn't full of crud.

No updates on the little micro. Took advantage of the weather and split like a mad man this weekend.
I did notice after cleaning that it appears the front half of the top of the saw is M I A. I'm not familiar with these but looking at pictures redneck posted for me, and looking at this poor little thing something is definitely wrong.
That may mean doomsday for it. I don't need more small saws and with other parts it needs I'm sure I'd have more in it than I'd ever get out of it. Hate to send a running saw to the parts bins but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Will see how it runs after a carb rebuild and go from there. If it impresses me I might hold out a little while for a donor saw to come around.

Back