Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
preloading meaning one more spin on the coil spring? yeah its pretty tight but i probably could get another turn on it. Maybe I'll put a new spring on it if i can find a replacement for that vintage.

Nice job on that wedge! My wife heard it on my oc and said im starting to worry about you!!!! that blue poulan really cuts!!!! they all seemed to cut well.... great Videos!!!!! keepthem comin!!!awsome !!!!

LOL, Thanks, I figure if nothing else, I'll have some videos & pictures to look at when I'm to old & decrepit to do this any more. :laugh:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg, great videos! Man, you have done that before, very smooth and precise. And I just loved the purr of the 5200 in the cut. Who said 30 year old saws are no good?
Also Gregg, please, no more pics of those 4000's - I have never seen one in the flesh down here and when I see (and hear) yours it brings on my gout. Got another 3400 yesterday but it doesn't ease the pain.

Hey, those trees you have over there are solid right to the bone. The ones we get here always have a pipe up the middle. My son is cutting this ironbark last year in the fires. He used a T cut to direct it away from a track. Hollow trees make great chimneys!

1119.jpg

1120.jpg

1121.jpg

Al.

Gregg, great videos! Man, you have done that before, very smooth and precise. And I just loved the purr of the 5200 in the cut. Who said 30 year old saws are no good?
Also Gregg, please, no more pics of those 4000's - I have never seen one in the flesh down here and when I see (and hear) yours it brings on my gout. Got another 3400 yesterday but it doesn't ease the pain.

Hey, those trees you have over there are solid right to the bone. The ones we get here always have a pipe up the middle. My son is cutting this ironbark last year in the fires. He used a T cut to direct it away from a track. Hollow trees make great chimneys!

Al.

I see your point about the chimney effect!! This Ash tree, was hollow in the center, in the stump. But didn't go very far up the tree. I'll post a couple more videos of the 4000's working. Just for your benefit. :msp_biggrin:LOL

Nothing special, just more of the same really. They are my favorite all around saw, the 4000. They have a little more grunt than the 3400, but handle just the same.

[video=youtube;6ZdQCIhan74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZdQCIhan74&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;_wrNSqT1y9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_wrNSqT1y9c[/video]

Gregg,

I see your point about the chimney effect!! This Ash tree, was hollow in the center, in the stump. But didn't go very far up the tree. I'll post a couple more videos of the 4000's working. Just for your benefit. :msp_biggrin:LOL

Nothing special, just more of the same really. They are my favorite all around saw, the 4000. They have a little more grunt than the 3400, but handle just the same.

[video=youtube;6ZdQCIhan74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZdQCIhan74&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;_wrNSqT1y9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_wrNSqT1y9c[/video]

Gregg,

Nice sharp chain too, wish I could get mine all like that..

1119.jpg

1120.jpg

1121.jpg

Al.
That is some interesting chainsaw work, a lot different than what I am usually faced with. I imagine it dulls the chain pretty quick. Nice job.

Gregg,

Nice seeing those 4000s get a workout..... Mine gonna finally get some work this weekend, my uncle had a tree fall on a rental property from the snow, and he wants me to fell a few more, can hardley wait.....3700 comin too......:clap: mabe even the 4900

Nice seeing those 4000s get a workout..... Mine gonna finally get some work this weekend, my uncle had a tree fall on a rental property from the snow, and he wants me to fell a few more, can hardley wait.....3700 comin too......:clap: mabe even the 4900

Your definitely going "well armed" Dave. :msp_thumbup: That sounds like a trio I would be right at home using.:)

Gregg,

UPDATE: Poulan 4000 I got for 20 dollars

Hello everyone,

Well I thought I would give a little update on the Poulan 4000 I got for 20 bucks. I got the carb kit today and rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter, and installed a new spark plug this afternoon. I started with the mixture screws out 11/8 turns each. It started on about the fifth or sixth pull and runs excellent! I didn't do any more tuning because I still don't have an idle screw and it won't idle yet. But it revs great and runs strong. I am very pleased with it.

Hello everyone,

Well I thought I would give a little update on the Poulan 4000 I got for 20 bucks. I got the carb kit today and rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter, and installed a new spark plug this afternoon. I started with the mixture screws out 11/8 turns each. It started on about the fifth or sixth pull and runs excellent! I didn't do any more tuning because I still don't have an idle screw and it won't idle yet. But it revs great and runs strong. I am very pleased with it.

Good to go, you'll be happy.......

Just got this Dayton 2Z462A off Ebay today, I know it is a Poulan of some sort. Acres references the saw to the Poulan/Wright 141A and then references the 141A to the Poulan 361, but you can not always trust the info found there either. Looks to be 4 cubes, auto oiler and has a decomp.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just got this Dayton 2Z462A off Ebay today, I know it is a Poulan of some sort. Acres references the saw to the Poulan/Wright 141A and then references the 141A to the Poulan 361, but you can not always trust the info found there either. Looks to be 4 cubes, auto oiler and has a decomp.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah could be a 400 or 401..... Could be a 361 toooooo. I assume Grainger???????

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Interesting saw! Sure enough looks like a 361, but they are only 59cc, I believe. Same as a 306. Poulan also had a 400 I think. Mark will have to settle that one..LOL He has far more knowledge of those older midsize Poulans than I ever will.

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back