Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 330 is like 54cc/3.3ci. There a little different then this 365, look at the air filter cover.

Far as I know the 3450/3750 in green and the Poulan Pro 330 and super 380 are in the same familey

The 365 shares with many including your 3000.

Well the 3700 thats suppose to be coming is pretty rough from what I could tell, so since it's suppose to have good compression , I had planned on useing it for parts and transplanting the P/C on that last 3400 that I picked up.

I will check the rings out, and since I'm switching jugs I may decide to re ring it at that time as well.

Hold on to them rings, maybe I'll need em.

Let me know what you need. I've got bookoo parts.

Here's a pic of the rings on my 3400. I'm going to guess it has the standard rings, and not the thin ones.

attachment.php

Poulan1986 87 4000 countervibe

Is it a husky??runs like a naked virgin manual oiler or does it have both bought it for $100 in 1987 used should it be modded or leftat 63cc thanks

No, the PP365 is 60cc, like the 3700 was. The Super 380 was also 60cc, so I guess they didn't directly replace the 4000.

Mark, I swear I saw someplace, maybe on a parts lookup somewhere, don't remember, that they made a Poulan Pro 395 and it was a 4.0 cu.in. same as the 4000. But unfortunately, there are very scarce it seems.:(

Gregg,

Is it a husky??runs like a naked virgin manual oiler or does it have both bought it for $100 in 1987 used should it be modded or leftat 63cc thanks

No it's not a husky, you got lucky!

They do run prety well.

It has both. The automatic and the manual override.

You got lucky to buy that saw at that price. I will give you your money back on it and you won't have to worry about modding it.

When I got to looking at mine I found that the majority of the mods I did to my 3400 appeared to have been done to the 4000 at the factory.
The muffler had a nice louvre in the side from the factory, the exhaust port was much wider and MUCH cleaner than the 3400 ports I've seen.
I'm going to open up the baffle in the muffler the way I do them and leave it alone for now.

Mike

I need some help guys!

We now have 9 members in the Poulan Lovers Group and it seems like I'm the one doing all of the talking and posting.

I know there are a lot of guys (and gals) out there with knowledge to share and questions to ask.

Mike

I need some help guys!

We now have 9 members in the Poulan Lovers Group and it seems like I'm the one doing all of the talking and posting.

I know there are a lot of guys (and gals) out there with knowledge to share and questions to ask.

Mike

Well since I have a PP405 and am waiting for a 361 to show up in the mail I will join that group.

I'm way short on the knowledge to share part, but I'm sure that I will have a lot of questions!

:cheers:

Mark, I swear I saw someplace, maybe on a parts lookup somewhere, don't remember, that they made a Poulan Pro 395 and it was a 4.0 cu.in. same as the 4000. But unfortunately, there are very scarce it seems.:(

Gregg,

Gregg, great pictures of the 3400 and 3700 rings. My problem is I have two 3700 with regular rings. Don't ask me how or why but they are. Try and find regular rings! I haven't yet.

Gregg,

You are correct sir, the 385 an 395 were both 64cc. I forgot about them but then again I have never seen one either.

Since this is the Poulan thread I will ask if anyone on here would know where to get piston rings for the 306A saws. I have two of them and they currently do not need anything to make them work properly but I am not one to leave good enough alone. LOL. One saw has 135-137 lbs comp and the other over 140 lbs. If I ever get the hankering to take them apart I would do some porting and like to install new rings at that time, the pistons and cylinders are in real good shape with a smooth bore and absolutely no scoring on the pistons. We have no Poulan parts suppliers in these parts and the 306A saws are older than any of the repair shops know about around here. The only Poulans known to these parts are Wildthings. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Since this is the Poulan thread I will ask if anyone on here would know where to get piston rings for the 306A saws. I have two of them and they currently do not need anything to make them work properly but I am not one to leave good enough alone. LOL. One saw has 135-137 lbs comp and the other over 140 lbs. If I ever get the hankering to take them apart I would do some porting and like to install new rings at that time, the pistons and cylinders are in real good shape with a smooth bore and absolutely no scoring on the pistons. We have no Poulan parts suppliers in these parts and the 306A saws are older than any of the repair shops know about around here. The only Poulans known to these parts are Wildthings. LOL
Pioneerguy600

Pm sent.

3700 is here

Well the 3700 arrived and its in very rough shape as I expected. But I was also surprised that I showed 155-160 lbs on my compression tester!:clap:

The piston and cyl are in great shape and I already have it apart. It is a thin ring saw. I forgot what a pain them press fit wrist pins are to remove, as I have not done one in 25 years maybe. I made up a homemade tool for pressing the pin out and it worked slick.

Here is the picture of the exhaust port and piston.
attachment.php

Poor shape otherwise aint it! It has had a bow on it, but thats not surprising since it came from Louisiana. (sp?)

attachment.php

A little spic n span diluted and a hose would do wonders for that saw.

Makes you wonder how it could get that dirty on the outside and be that great inside.:dizzy:

That is a beauty to me.
I see a diamond in the rough!

I need some help guys!

Mike

I am trying to stay away. This looks like it has become the 4000 lovers group, and I really don't need another 60cc saw. Of course, I didn't need any of the last 10-20 saws I accumulated either. I do not want to be fightin' it out on greedbay with you guys. When I get to the 1.5 3400's I have, or when I stumble on a 4000, I'll play then.

BUT

If any of you guys see a 4000 that you're not biddin' on, let me know. Just in case.......

Well the 3700 arrived and its in very rough shape as I expected. But I was also surprised that I showed 155-160 lbs on my compression tester!:clap:

The piston and cyl are in great shape and I already have it apart. It is a thin ring saw. I forgot what a pain them press fit wrist pins are to remove, as I have not done one in 25 years maybe. I made up a homemade tool for pressing the pin out and it worked slick.

Here is the picture of the exhaust port and piston.
attachment.php

Poor shape otherwise aint it! It has had a bow on it, but thats not surprising since it came from Louisiana. (sp?)

attachment.php

I got one today that looks just about as rough, Mark. The P&C look OK but only has about 70 psi compression.

Latest posts

Back