Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there goes my profit. Got the oiler working on that 3400 I sold and Ups the saw today. Shipping came to $62.00. Sacred Bleu'.

where is it going? Egypt???

Not entirely surprising. A couple months ago I sent saw in a home made crate to Southern California. Well packed, nice and tight.

Took it to the UPS Store.

HUGE mistake there .... it was like $84 thanks to all the fees, etc that were added on. Would have been cheaper to print the label online.

Not entirely surprising. A couple months ago I sent saw in a home made crate to Southern California. Well packed, nice and tight.

HUGE mistake there .... it was like $84 thanks to all the fees, etc that were added on. Would have been cheaper to print the label online.

Believe half the problem might have been that I used too big a box.

running for a place to hide? i see no vids:msp_sneaky:
:hmm3grin2orange:

Not ready for cuts just yet. I was just making sure everything was in order and she started. Now I can get started putting the brake etc on it to finish it up.

Forgot to prime the oiler and lines, so right now almost got all the air out. :laugh:

Had to pull the 505 muffler back off due to one bolt head going south. So I used the other muffler with it's different bolts. I might just paint that muffler being I like it's design better then the 505 muffler. :D

Last edited:

Yes although i have only been doing this for a short while, i relized very quick to print all shipping lables online from home, heck you can buy/sell/trade all from the convenience of your home and never have to leave if you would prefer to do so.

I went to the Post Office twice to ship the exact same thing i shipped online from home just to see how much they said it would be and both times is was considerably more and one post office lady told me a letter (actually post card size was going to be double since it had a ring in it). Never did i go there again,

Last edited:
Not ready for cuts just yet. I was just making sure everything was in order and she started. Now I can get started putting the brake etc on it to finish it up.

Forgot to prime the oiler and lines, so right now almost got all the air out. :laugh:

Had to pull the 505 muffler back off due to one bolt head going south. So I used the other muffler with it's different bolts. I might just paint that muffler being I like it's design better then the 505 muffler. :D

gonna paint that muffler green to?
do they even make a high heat green?

Yes although i have only been doing this for a short while, i relized very quick to print all shipping lables online from home, heck you can buy/sell/trade all from the convenience of your home and never have to leave if you would prefer to do so.

I went to the Post Office twice to ship the exact same thing i shipped online from home just to see how much they said it would be and both times is was considerably more and one poast office lady told me a letter (actually post card size was going to be double since it had a ring in it). Never did i go there again,

Do you provide box size and weight when you print online? Where do you drop of the box?

Think about what happens if the wheel lets go before switching the direction. Anybody's that had one come apart will tell you that could be a bad day. Same for guys that have that at eye height.
Some people have hooked up an air hose to blow on the tooth, as it doesn't take much air to cool it enough. Keeping the wheel clean is another must.

I should have added the caution about reversing spin. I thought of it, although that video did not mention such and it appeared to be a professional sharpening shop because of other grinders in background. A high speed spinning disk getting turned loose could definitely ruin a day.
And wearing a mask and eye protection would not be a bad idea either for the small bits of debris being blown or thrown about.

It is that and a great Poulan and Homelite crank seal as well. Saw manufacturers don't make seals and pick them from a list of available seals or have them made specifically for their applIcation if they have the volume to justify the tooling expense. Nitrile Shaft seals generally have a shelf life of 5 -10 years so if you can get a seal of the correct size, design and lip material it's better to get them rather that go for a 20 year old NOS seal.
i'll PM you the linK to the manual.

I'd love a copy of that manual as well. Thanks.

I should have added the caution about reversing spin. I thought of it, although that video did not mention such and it appeared to be a professional sharpening shop because of other grinders in background. A high speed spinning disk getting turned loose could definitely ruin a day.
And wearing a mask and eye protection would not be a bad idea either for the small bits of debris being blown or thrown about.

Isn't so much the wheel getting loose as the wheel coming apart. It happens, and usually without much warning. It makes for a bad day.

Always wear eye protection. I have never worn a mask, at least not while sharping a chain.

Isn't so much the wheel getting loose as the wheel coming apart. It happens, and usually without much warning. It makes for a bad day.

Always wear eye protection. I have never worn a mask, at least not while sharping a chain.

Are the wheels spin one direction only?
Might want to consider mask. Breathing in any of that metalic dust could be quite bad and if you need an MRI it could be quite bad.

Latest posts

Back