Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I lived I in Richmond there was a storm that came through over Thanksgiving about 1/2 dozen years ago. All rain for us, but ice in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It caused so much damage that the Skyline Drive was closed for almost a month while the cleaned up.

Two of my buddies and I decided to do a run on the Appalachian Trail a couple of weeks later. We started at about 2200' at an entrance to the Shenandoah National Park and headed up the AT. No damage at the outset but once we climbed a few hundred it looked like a war zone. As we crested mountain peaked and descended into valleys we would go from devastation to no damage at all, you could clearly tell where the line from rain to ice had been.

Thanks. Well I rechecked clutch side seal by packing grease around the seal. Couldn't see a leak by checking vacuum. Is it possible the leak is so small that the grease covers it?

Yep, that's the reason to pack the grease around it, to seal the leak. I was saying it would suck the grease in but like you see if its a small leak it may not.

Yep, that's the reason to pack the grease around it, to seal the leak. I was saying it would suck the grease in but like you see if its a small leak it may not.
Maybe I should just replace it once the tool arrives. The idle just seems to fluctuate too much. Unlike my 3000's which hold the idle fine. Even switched carbs and it still does it.

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks for all your help in the past year and the enjoyable time spent on here and at the GTG.

Back at ya. :cool:

Tim you may be interested in this too :(:laugh:. Received a pair of cut resistant gloves from a member for Christmas. Going to try them out for hand sharping chains or when messing with chains like we both did at GTG. :oops:

Think they are something like these. http://www.globalglove.com/products/pug313

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks for all your help in the past year and the enjoyable time spent on here and at the GTG.

Back at ya Tim!!! Merry Christmas to all my Poulan buds !!! :D
Found a couple pics from a "ice storm" we had here, I think was back in 2004 or 2006, can't remember, LOL. I know it was on a Dec. 6th. because I had Jury duty that day... :mad: Yes, still had to go, that was a fun drive, with all the down power lines & trees. We were without power for one week. It was natures tree pruner for sure.

House2004026_zpsa47a8433.jpg

House2004021_zpsdf28cb85.jpg

House2004025_zps1468b1db.jpg

Gregg,

Last edited:
Back at ya. :cool:

Tim you may be interested in this too :(:laugh:. Received a pair of cut resistant gloves from a member for Christmas. Going to try them out for hand sharping chains or when messing with chains like we both did at GTG. :oops:

Think they are something like these. http://www.globalglove.com/products/pug313

Thanks Kevin, BUT, I would likely be better off with a dose of common sense and a little more respect for my old soft tissues.

Back at ya Tim!!! Merry Christmas to all my Poulan buds !!! :D
Found a couple pics from a "ice storm" we had here, I think was back in 2004 or 2006, can't remember, LOL. I know it was on a Dec. 6th. because I had Jury duty that day... :mad: Yes, still had to go, that was a fun drive, with all the down power lines & trees. We were without power for one week. It was natures tree pruner for sure.

House2004026_zpsa47a8433.jpg

House2004021_zpsdf28cb85.jpg

House2004025_zps1468b1db.jpg

Gregg,

Wow! That's thick stuff.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all of you guys.Best wishes to you and to your families.I envy you a lot,you have green saws,you have snow.Last time i saw snow in my area was back in 97.Since then nothing.I hope to see some this year,well next year since have left only a few days for this year.

Merry Christmas to all the Poulan guys and gals and your families. It's Dec. 24th and I hope your Christmas wishes are all realized. I've been a member for several years and am still amazed how helpful everyone is on this site. Bunch of great people and I'm thankful for knowing all of you.
Bob

What's the best way to remove the bar stud from a S25SVA? I've got a brake kit I may install.

What's the best way to remove the bar stud from a S25SVA? I've got a brake kit I may install.
Wait a minute. Normally there is no stud in the case as u use a hex bolt to attach the cover to the saw. Now, someone may have actually used a threaded rod and made a case bolt. I did that on three of my S25's. If so it's simply a matter of unscrewing it. You may have to heat it if they used red Loctite.

Back