Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I folded a boom pole in half once trying to move a 2' oak log. I think I have a picture of it on top of the last pile of scrap I sold.

Gary, I did the same thing. Getting ready for the first Poulan GTG we had. Was a cheap cat.1 boom pole from TSC.
Managed to mangle that thing like a pretzel. :eek: So, I decided to make my own. I can tell you its a LOT stronger!

Gregg,

1st start for the 8500
bdcd65f80c45cc6a204af58e486bf262.jpg

Wow! I can honestly say I am jealous. :bowdown: An 8500 and big wood! Don't get much better than that to a old Poulan lover.

Gary, I did the same thing. Getting ready for the first Poulan GTG we had. Was a cheap cat.1 boom pole from TSC.
Managed to mangle that thing like a pretzel. :eek: So, I decided to make my own. I can tell you its a LOT stronger!

Gregg,

I think it was a cheapo Lienbach one I picked up at an auction. Had it hooked to an Oliver Super 55 and not one of my big tractors. I replaced it with one from Agri Supply.

I needed a oil pump diaphragm for one of my 4000's. I cut one out from a tillitson hl tan pump diaphram. It was just big enough to work with, due to the existing holes already punched in it. 1 bolt hole and 1 cut out for the pump flap were slightly over the raised bead in the plastic pump body. I hi-tacked some of the trimmed off diaphram to span the slight gaps. Working good so far. It's not an ideal fix, but is another option if no diaphram or correct material is on hand.

A member here along with Fossil found some material that works and told us about it. A bunch of us got together and bought some and he was kind enough to mail it out to everybody. I gave half of mine away to a member here who wanted some but didn't get in on the original distribution list. I don't even remember who I gave it to. (getting old sucks) :nofunny: If by chance he reads this perhaps he could mail you a little bit so you could make one or two.

That would be great. My other saw will likely need a diaphragm soon, it's original, This 4000 I just did let go and started burning bar oil. I'll post how this carb diaphragm holds up. The only problem I can see is at the 2 areas that I hi-tacked 2 pieces over the areas that had preexisting holes already in the material that may of leaked .

A member here along with Fossil found some material that works and told us about it. A bunch of us got together and bought some and he was kind enough to mail it out to everybody. I gave half of mine away to a member here who wanted some but didn't get in on the original distribution list. I don't even remember who I gave it to. (getting old sucks) :nofunny: If by chance he reads this perhaps he could mail you a little bit so you could make one or two.

Stephen,

You gave half to Jerry Morrow.

Dboyd351 was the person who very generously cut (his wife did that) and mailed the material to members at his cost. Thanks again David!

Since I made the purchase, the price has got stupid high from the people I bought it from. Hoggwood (Cory) in BC Canada found a supplier who would ship one square foot quantities reasonably.

Here's a copy of the post Cory made.

Just to update. Here is the contact information for the company/manager I managed to purchase a smaller amount of Nylon Insert Nitrile. It is good quality and makes fine oil pump membranes.

Thao (sales manager) is willing to accomodate small orders and ship. 1.5 square feet I had shipped was around $30 all included. That makes about 44 membranes if I did my math correctly. I split with another member.

Nice to have the material on hand and not have to fill a big order.

Supplier:http://www.neseal.com/index.php?opti...d=4&Itemid=224

Material:http://www.robco.com/content/view/339/87/

Cory

I am glad you can find these things (posts) Tim. I seem to have "stashed" my invoices on that material in a "safe" place so I could find them later. Fat chance. I am better at hiding stuff than my 4 and 6 year old girls combined. Having worked with that material, I am thinking that original order would likely have made 50+ diaphragms for the 3400-4000 series.

I've no problem getting in touch with those folks again if there is some interest at large here. I can purchase, split and ship. They may have had a couple of thicknesses. I think the material could work well in other impulse oilers. A 600 series cinderblock comes to mind. That is, if you wanted the Timberbear you lent your friends to actually oil. I digress.

I am glad you can find these things (posts) Tim. I seem to have "stashed" my invoices on that material in a "safe" place so I could find them later. Fat chance. I am better at hiding stuff than my 4 and 6 year old girls combined. Having worked with that material, I am thinking that original order would likely have made 50+ diaphragms for the 3400-4000 series.

I've no problem getting in touch with those folks again if there is some interest at large here. I can purchase, split and ship. They may have had a couple of thicknesses. I think the material could work well in other impulse oilers. A 600 series cinderblock comes to mind. That is, if you wanted the Timberbear you lent your friends to actually oil. I digress.

Whenever good info like that comes up, I try to save it in MS Word form so I can reference it whenever.

I have stuff hidden all over the place as well. I need to get a box and label it "Stuff that you don't want to misplace".

Stephen,

You gave half to Jerry Morrow.

Dboyd351 was the person who very generously cut (his wife did that) and mailed the material to members at his cost. Thanks again David!

Since I made the purchase, the price has got stupid high from the people I bought it from. Hoggwood (Cory) in BC Canada found a supplier who would ship one square foot quantities reasonably.

Here's a copy of the post Cory made.

Just to update. Here is the contact information for the company/manager I managed to purchase a smaller amount of Nylon Insert Nitrile. It is good quality and makes fine oil pump membranes.

Thao (sales manager) is willing to accomodate small orders and ship. 1.5 square feet I had shipped was around $30 all included. That makes about 44 membranes if I did my math correctly. I split with another member.

Nice to have the material on hand and not have to fill a big order.

Supplier:http://www.neseal.com/index.php?opti...d=4&Itemid=224

Material:http://www.robco.com/content/view/339/87/

Cory

theyre abt 1/2 hr away fr me.

Someone got a great deal on the K100

Not a bad deal at all with the bow included.

I got mine for $15. :laugh: It's kinda a rare one in that it has the Brown carb which is not that unusual but it also has the Poulan starter.

The one in the auction had a Tillotson carb and a Fairbanks starter which in the big picture is probably better although more common.

Here is mine, its all done just waiting on the parts for the Brown carb. I had a NOS bar for it and got some 7/16" chain from Carl for it. 20150510_141634 (Custom).jpg

Latest posts

Back