Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished this one up just a few minutes ago. First time I ran 1/2" chain that was full chisel. That stuff is the **** now! Just need to find a new stop switch for it.

All those chips came from just two cookies.. Big chips too.. :innocent:View attachment 426943 View attachment 426944

Nice saw. I'll bet it has tons of torque. I'll be looking forward to running one of your stout gear drives at the GTG if you bring one.

Picked up a Poulan Pro 445 today at the flea market, it's ugly, dirty and was froze up when I got it. Freed up and fired and the piston looks good (no pics until I clean it)
The starter cover is pretty bad and missing the filter cover.
Cleaned it up a bit and here it is, not great but 70cc's didn't clean up as good as I hoped.

Attachments

• poulan 445 (2).JPG
    poulan 445 (2).JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 27
  • poulan 445 (3).JPG
    poulan 445 (3).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 29
  • poulan 445 (4).JPG
    poulan 445 (4).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 27
  • poulan 445 (6).JPG
    poulan 445 (6).JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 28
  • poulan 445 (7).JPG
    poulan 445 (7).JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 24
I've been working on a Poulan 3500 that I picked up a couple of years ago and just recently found an intake boot for. Got the boot installed and started replacing the fuel lines when I noticed there is no take vent line, not even a hole for one, do some of these saws vent some other way rather than coming out next to the fuel line?

I've been working on a Poulan 3500 that I picked up a couple of years ago and just recently found an intake boot for. Got the boot installed and started replacing the fuel lines when I noticed there is no take vent line, not even a hole for one, do some of these saws vent some other way rather than coming out next to the fuel line?

I don't have a 3500 but the saw is very similar to the 3000 and 3300 in terms of design. Base on that there should be two holes, like you think.
look at page two of the IPL. and you will see the two holes in the tank.
http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/poulan3500chainsaw.pdf

here all this time I thought david sent it to me. duh.
been making diaphragms but have a little left.
albert, send me an addy and i'll send you a chunk.
I would send some but I would have to find it first. I think I put it somewhere where I wouldn't lose it. I have this red box that I put things in when I don't want to misplace them.
DSC02790.JPG
I should use a smaller box. I think it is in there somewhere.

I would send some but I would have to find it first. I think I put it somewhere where I wouldn't lose it. I have this red box that I put things in when I don't want to misplace them.
View attachment 427058
I should use a smaller box. I think it is in there somewhere.

Man, I wish I had a red box like that. I could fill it with a lot of neat stuff.

Man I missed a lot over the weekend! Great looking pics and videos of cutting guys, awesome stuff!
Here are a few I took this weekend when we went out to cut some black pine for camp fire wood. I took one of the 5200's and the 3800.
I took the pictures so none of me cutting, but man I loved running the 5200 even though it wasn't in very big wood. My father in law is the
one in the pic using the 3800. Both saws ran really good. Going to do some more cutting this weekend with the 5200 again, hopefully in
some bigger wood.

20150523_171524.jpg
20150523_180402.jpg
20150523_180145.jpg
20150523_180858.jpg

Great pics Nate! Looks like some great country scenery there too. I have never cut a conifer type tree in my life. Wouldn't know one kind from another. :oops: I do know my Ash from a hole in the ground though. :D and Oak, and Hickory, and Maple.

Keep up the good work....and pics..LOL

Gregg,

Thanks Gregg and I will! Everything we cut is Red Fir, Tamarack and Black Pine. Black pine for camp fires and the Red Fir and Tamarack for my in laws wood stove for winter.
The country is beautiful up there, I really enjoy spending a lot of weekends there.

Great pics Nate! Looks like some great country scenery there too. I have never cut a conifer type tree in my life. Wouldn't know one kind from another. :oops: I do know my Ash from a hole in the ground though. :D and Oak, and Hickory, and Maple.

Keep up the good work....and pics..LOL

Gregg,

I cut some pine this year. Gregg, you wouldn't believe how fast a saw goes through that wood. It's fun when you're used to hard woods.

Latest posts

Back