Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suck at video but that's a short run

HI Todd, for videos I some times use a camera mount/holder made from wood. A simple cut with a chainsaw in a short block like a 2x4 will hold a phone steady for videos.

You can set it on a chair stool, step ladder or any other object that is handy.

Ken

Looks like the thin rings for the 3700 saws have gone NLA, like the 4000 saws, within the last few months. They’re part number 530024756.

Spares may still be available as old stock at some distributors, but I bet they won’t be $6.50 each any longer, lol.

Todd Loosli: And for the love of Pete, Don't do the vertical ("skinny") video crap that so many retards post from phones.
You've got the video in the correct orientation now.

Oh, has anyone heard an estimated price for the 4000 kit?
Some of us just don't go near facebook.
Other bills and issues are probably going to be in the way of any side projects, but who knows what the future will bring.

#9 Haven't got that far yet
I heard less than a 100.00 if all goes well, how much less I have no idea.

I'll work on my video talents

Sucks about the 3700 rings, we were told a year ago that they would be gone, can't remember who it was that warned us on here. Think I have 2 sets in the drawer, might have to put them in the safe now.

Parts warehouse claims to still have them. Tempted to buy a couple more. I bought 2 sets only in case I broke them when installing. I’m eyeing a grey craftsman that someone wants $20 for. Not sure what model it is but it may be a perfect candidate for a 4000 swap.

I suck at video but that's a short run
Not bad brother. Got the message across

I can do that and will very soon like tomorrow. I need to get the chain guards made and install them.
Ok, now more anticipation. Can't wait to check it out, sideways, upside down, whatever.

I forgot to mention that the squish is. 067 thou

What are they oem with gasket? Never paid attention to know on these 4000 etc.
If anyone has an original around and could measure that would be awesome!

Todd Loosli: And for the love of Pete, Don't do the vertical ("skinny") video crap that so many retards post from phones.
You've got the video in the correct orientation now.

Oh, has anyone heard an estimated price for the 4000 kit?
Some of us just don't go near facebook.
Other bills and issues are probably going to be in the way of any side projects, but who knows what the future will bring.
Definitely under $100.

Final price depends on a number of factors that haven't fully presented themselves yet. As the project wears on we will be able to narrow down the retail costs.

#9 Haven't got that far yet
I heard less than a 100.00 if all goes well, how much less I have no idea.

I'll work on my video talents

Sucks about the 3700 rings, we were told a year ago that they would be gone, can't remember who it was that warned us on here. Think I have 2 sets in the drawer, might have to put them in the safe now.
Yep, you got it right there.

Back