Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice looking lineup. I'm working on a 3700 soon to be a bow saw. Do you know how hard mentally it is to cut a case for the bow bar. A friend sent me a bow bar from back east for me to try and see how they are. Outstanding friend
I'll get you some pictures tomorrow.

That is a nice looking lineup. I'm working on a 3700 soon to be a bow saw. Do you know how hard mentally it is to cut a case for the bow bar. A friend sent me a bow bar from back east for me to try and see how they are. Outstanding friend
You're a better man than me! I wouldn't do that as I'm not into bow bars.

I did a cherry 4000 and this craftsman a couple of years ago. The case is the easiest side for me to cut mentally. If the clutch cover is plastic it is not as forgiving as the mag cover. I just went slow and they turned out great . If I can make them look presentable you will do great . The dirty green 3700 is a factory bow .I love the bows!4F7930D0-218A-4A20-B501-F52C21A04DD5.jpegE3152ACF-46AC-4886-83AA-93097FB04A9A.jpeg

This is the 3700 with the cover and bar together ,I bolted a bar on the engine and clamped it in my mill and cut it. Hate to cut a good case.
I have welded a few cases that were cut for bow bars and were being put back to a standard bar.
So they can be put back if you decide a bow is not what you want later on.

Some information that might interest Some of you. I contacted boyesen reeds about the ones that they made for the 5200, 5400 and was told that they are still available and the part number is 802 and they cost 39. 95 . You can go to there site www. boyesen. com and order
There power reed is a 2 pedal that is awesome with the amount of air that can pass thru. 20220323_205452.jpg

Is there anywhere I could find an air filter for a Poulan 4200? Or are there other options for fixing one with all the flocking missing?

Is there anywhere I could find an air filter for a Poulan 4200? Or are there other options for fixing one with all the flocking missing?
You can get a new filter for a poulan 3400 and use your fingers to flatten it then cut to the shape of the 4200 then epoxy it to the filter with j b epoxy for plastic. Do both sides with 2 3400 filters 20211023_120049.jpg20211023_122419.jpg

Well fellow Poulan people I broke the recoil on my 5400 :(
Is this normal for this series? It’s my first one. Going to try to weld it. The squish is at .040 I don’t think that should have caused it. I need Poulan experts Thanks

Back