Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Looking for rings for a 3400, are these any good?

There is a guy in Athens with Camber rings but shipping from Greece is a long wait.

Looking for something decent State Side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222691906208?hash=item33d978d2a0:g:F0sAAOSwZGxiFHLf
I would be careful. Those rings have notched tips whereas oem have straight tips. The ring pins on the 3400 thru 4000 pistons have their ring pins in the middle of the ring groove thus the blunt ends on the rings.

I would be careful. Those rings have notched tips whereas oem have straight tips. The ring pins on the 3400 thru 4000 pistons have their ring pins in the middle of the ring groove thus the blunt ends on the rings.
Hi,
Thanks, the Pro-Line Rings look to have a squared end and people seem happy with them from what I can find.

We shall see and I will report back, on what I find!

Hi,
Well, I got the Pro-Line Rings and they do have the notched tips.

I'm going to look and compare the OEM when I get into it.

Maybe able to just file off the notch and use them?

Have to see?

OOPS, another problem, these are thin rings and the 3400 takes thick rings so, will have to return them I guess!

Hi,

Have to see?

OOPS, another problem, these are thin rings and the 3400 takes thick rings so, will have to return them I guess!
Wonder if they have thin rings for other models then. I have about 4 or 5 saws I would rather change the rings(thin) than buy a new piston.

Hi,

Have to see?

OOPS, another problem, these are thin rings and the 3400 takes thick rings so
Sent you this link in message you sent me on my old website with more info added. https://www.dlastore.com/e_store/pi...unter-vibe-craftsman-chainsaws-530024332.html

@Todd Loosli is more of the CV series person. Maybe he can help more.

Sent you this link in message you sent me on my old website with more info added. https://www.dlastore.com/e_store/pi...unter-vibe-craftsman-chainsaws-530024332.html

@Todd Loosli is more of the CV series person. Maybe he can help more.
Hi,
Thanks, those are from the Greek and can order from E-Bay, but...

NorthWood Saw has the Caber Rings but you have to have the MM Specs to order the right rings...

They do not know which rings fit which Saw for some reason?

Thanks again!

Hi,
Thanks, those are from the Greek and can order from E-Bay, but...

NorthWood Saw has the Caber Rings but you have to have the MM Specs to order the right rings...

They do not know which rings fit which Saw for some reason?

Thanks again!
Like I said over there. I never seen the correct cabers at northwoods and that is one of my spots I buy rings at.

Like I said over there. I never seen the correct cabers at northwoods and that is one of my spots I buy rings at.
Hi,
Well, from what I saw, you have to have the exact ring size to order from them as they do not list Saws to Rings...

Too bad, you can't buy a set of rings for a Poulan Chainsaw in the good old USA??????

Hi,
Well, from what I saw, you have to have the exact ring size to order from them as they do not list Saws to Rings...

Too bad, you can't buy a set of rings for a Poulan Chainsaw in the good old USA??????
Being square ended. Think that is why.

I had to pull a square ended one from a micro for a guy so he could have a ring.

p3400r.jpgpmicrop.jpg

Made an offer on a few ebay saws praying they were close to as advertised. They came today and I can happily say they are in pretty good shape. No broken or cracked parts etc. I think both could use a set of rings but the pistons are clean looking. Ill get there eventually but for now just happy to have them,

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Nu
Made an offer on a few ebay saws praying they were close to as advertised. They came today and I can happily say they are in pretty good shape. No broken or cracked parts etc. I think both could use a set of rings but the pistons are clean looking. Ill get there eventually but for now just happy to have them,
Nice catch!!!

I saw those online, I hope you got them for a better deal than they were listed as.
Cool saws though non the less.

Back